The Royal Conservatory (RCM) is one of the largest and most respected music education institutions in the world, providing the definitive standard of excellence in curriculum design, assessment, performance training, and teacher certification. It is also a leader in the development of early childhood education programs and arts-based social programs, and presents a diverse range of concerts featuring the finest Canadian and international artists in its magnificent performance space, Koerner Hall. Please visit www.rcmusic.com for more information.
The Admissions & Student Services Manager (ASSM) is responsible for the coordination and administration of all student services and events, including the Work Study Program and various other competitions. The role also manages the admissions process and administers Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP), scholarships, and bursaries, as well working closely with the Registrar and Finance to collect student fees. This position plays in integral roles in supporting the recruitment efforts at the Glenn Gould School by being the first point of contact for prospective students and ensuring an overall positive experience for all current, prospective, and incoming students. There are four primary areas of responsibility, detailed as follows:
Student Services (Current Students)
- Maintains GGS web pages related to Student Services, the GGS 1-800# and inbox.
- Represents GGS administration at Student Administrative Council meetings.
- Plans and implements all activities during student orientation week.
- Creation of new student file folders and the filing of all admissions-related documents.
- Manages all administrative process related to the start of a scholastic school year which includes but not limited to: enrolment contracts, student insurance enrolment, locker assignment.
- Oversees the Work Study Program which pairs students with RCM, and other employers.
- Researches, coordinates and provides various useful external resources to students.
- Manages the student accompanist hours.
- Organizes and manages the RCO Concerto Competition and the Chamber Music Competition, ticket offers, Musicians for Hire.
Admissions and Auditions Management (Prospective Students)
- Triages inquiries from prospective students and provides information as required.
- Processes applications using the online Acceptd portal and interacts with the Acceptd account relations team.
- Oversees and coordinates audition process and schedules process with students and at least two faculty members.
- Communicates audition results to applicants.
- Processes all acceptance letters.
- Distributes promotional materials required for student recruitment
- Collaborates with faculty, visiting artists, students and staff to identify potential recruitment opportunities.
- Supports the development of recruitment strategies and implementation of plans.
- Participates in the recruitment process ie) recruitment fairs
- Acts as the first point of contact for applicants, provided information to various incoming queries.
Scholarship and Financial Aid
- Oversees and administers all processes and documentation related to the Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP) and Student Loans for GGS students.
- Processes payment fees & collections.
Other duties and projects related to the duties noted above may be assigned on occasion.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field plus, a minimum of 3 years of progressive administrative experience ideally in an academic setting or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working in student services and recruitment.
- Knowledge of the music profession and/or an understanding of the standards and content associated with the Royal Conservatory system of music education is required.
- Possesses strong analytical and research skills, with experience working with financial data.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, effectively manages competing priorities and deadlines.
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal & written) with internal and external stakeholders at all levels demonstrating tact and diplomacy at all times.
- High degree of initiative and the ability to proactively solve problems.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, Publisher and PowerPoint; experience with scheduling software an asset
- Availability to work evenings and weekends may be required.
- Occasional travel may be required to attend job fairs and promotional events
- Attendance at external or internal events outside of working hours may be required.
- Works with confidential issues and data.
- A Vulnerable Sector Screening Check (VSC) is required.
- This is not a remote position; however due to current provincial restrictions, remote work may be temporarily required.
The RCM is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the RCM’s Anti-Racism, Access and Equity Policy, accommodation will be provided at any stage of in the recruitment and selection process. Applicants are asked to make their accommodation needs known when they have been contacted for an interview.
Interested candidates are asked to submit a cover letter and current résumé online (please upload a single file combining both documents) at www.rcmusic.com/about-us/careers-royal-conservatory. Applications will be accepted until the posting deadline of Friday, July 23, 2021.
The RCM thanks all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note that this position may be filled prior to the application deadline if a suitable candidate has been identified.