Construction Industry Rehabilitation Plan (CIRP) provides mental health & addiction treatment for men, women and their adult families within the construction trade. The plan recently underwent an extensive redesign to meet the complex and widening needs of clients presenting with mental health and addiction issues and continues to evolve delivering services in response to urgent needs. We are seeking an experienced clinical team supervisor, who is creative, dynamic and innovative in their approach to their work. We are seeking a unique individual able to bring their construction industry, HR experience and MH training and experience to an exciting and unique position. The ideal candidate will have experience in both the construction industry and mental health industry.
Example of Job Duties (please request full job description in interested)
- The successful candidate will practice in accordance with the standards of practice within Harm reduction treatment and within a client and family centred model, and in line with the vision and values of the organisations.
- Will report directly to the Executive Director (ED), and will supervise team caseload, supervise staff and is accountable for the quality of services provided to clients and for monitoring and delivering standards of practice.
- Will oversee the day-to-day operation of services, establish priorities, facilitate workplace solutions, participate in performance management,
- Coordinates and implement team administrative duties, maintain statistical records and reporting.
- Oversee staff training
- Work with ED to Coordinate, and monitor the delivery of services within the overall service delivery model by methods such as providing leadership to create a motivated team capable of developing/providing high standards of performance; ensuring that the delivery of clinical services is coordinated, comprehensive and in keeping with CIRP goals;
- develop and maintains employment contracts, and all onboarding procedures, policies and documentation
- Develops and maintains procedures protocols for wages and timesheet management
- Develops and maintains procedures and protocols for leave allocation and authorisation
- Develop and maintain procedures protocols for ensuring team licensure and registrations
- Liase with payroll to develop and maintain payroll auditing systems
- Develop and maintain procedures protocols for workplace disputes and disciplines
- Develop and maintain protocols for unionised construction industry engagement
- Liase with unionised construction industry health and welfare departments
- Liase with construction industry union reps and business managers to provide education and training on MHSU related issues
- Provide training to the team on construction industry related matters
- Maintains and updates knowledge of current developments in substance abuse and mental health issues, treatments and community resources by methods such as participating in on-going clinical supervision with the ED, reviewing relevant literature, consulting with clinical and community experts within the field, and participating in professional development activities in order to improve care through new practices. Participates in educational and research projects as determined by ED.
- Participates in quality assurance activities by performing duties such as gathering consumer related information and statistics, developing and evaluating clinical protocols, and identifying service needs. Provides input to the ED regarding policy issues, service gaps, and program development, maintenance, and evaluation needs
Performs other related duties as required
Knowledge & Abilities
- Understanding of mental health and substance use issues, treatment including motivational interviewing, knowledge of PERMA model desirable
- Broad knowledge of community resources and other health care disciplines and their role in patient care.
- Broad knowledge of legislation and government policies and procedures that relate to the client.
- Knowledge and understanding of construction industry specifically the unionised sector
- Knowledge and understanding of role and function of unions involved in dispatch of construction workers
- Knowledge and understanding of HR practices
- Demonstrated ability in managing teams
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with clients and their families, and other interdisciplinary team members, both one-on-one and in groups.
- Demonstrated ability to work with marginalized people struggling with severe illnesses and substance use and to establish rapport with multi-barrier clients.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership, supervision, work direction and guidance.
- Demonstrated ability to consult, facilitate, teach, demonstrate, and coach clients, co-workers and students.
- Demonstrated ability to independently plan, organize and prioritize workload, adapt to a changing caseload, and be open to all types of treatment approaches.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to unexpected events, analyze and problem-solve, set priorities, deal with conflict, and respond to crisis.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Basic computer literacy including the ability to operate a computerized client care information system and word processing, spreadsheet, Internet and e-mail software
Education, Training and Experience
- Bachelors Degree in psychology preferred
- Post secondary education (preferably in the following areas: construction, HR, management and MHSU)
- Five (5) years’ recent, related experience working in supervisor and or management positions
- Three (3) years of HR experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience (applicants with hands on experience will be prioritised)
- Three (3) years experience of working within or for the construction industry, or an equivalent combination of education training (applicant with hands on experience will be prioritised)
- Minimum one (2) years experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experince in MH field.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30.00-$45.00 per hour
- HR: 3 years (Required)
- SUPERVISORY: 5 years (Required)
- CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY: 3 years (Required)
- MH: 2 years (Required)