HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST (FULL TIME) – EDMONTON, AB
(14 - 16 month maternity leave contract)
MpowR provides supports to organizations and individuals in the Human Services Sector. As a non-profit charitable organization, we pride ourselves on delivering our services with integrity and a high standard of quality. We provide third party administrative support, accounting, IT, human resources, including casual staffing, professional development, clinical services and property maintenance to empower organizations to run at peak efficiency.
Position overview: Under the supervision of the Manager of Human Resources, the Human Resources Specialist will support the organization with expertise to attract, select, manage, maintain and plan the organization's Human Resources in the most cost-effective and pro-active manner.
· Maintain employee files, ensuring all HR documents are filed and records are updated in a timely fashion using electronic and traditional filing systems;
· Support the full recruitment cycle (creating job postings, screening candidates, checking references, and on-boarding);
· Respond to internal and external H.R. related enquiries in a professional and timely manner;
· Ensure compliance with current Employment Standards, H.R. principles, and the organization’s practices and policies;
· Advise the organization of any new, or changes to existing, relevant legislation;
· Review and update H.R. procedures to reflect changes in the organization;
· Complete monthly procedures, track and compile monthly reports accurately, and within required timelines;
· Perform related clerical, technical, administrative, and office duties as required;
· Other duties as assigned.
· A completed post-secondary diploma/degree in Human Resources;
· A minimum of 2 years of experience in a generalist role including experience in use of HRIS filing systems;
· Strong understanding of Alberta Employment Standards, Human Rights, and WCB legislation;
· A current, clear Police Information Check and Intervention Record Check;
· Strong computer skills, particularly MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and experience with databases;
· Excellent interpersonal, communication and conflict resolution skills with a focus on customer service;
· Ability to handle multiple deadlines and work in high pressure situations;
· Service-oriented, results-driven and able to perform in a fast-paced work environment;
· Must have a positive attitude, strong work ethic, and be a team player;
· Expectation of integrity with the ability to maintain confidentiality and manage highly-sensitive information.
Salary & Benefits: Salary range: $54,497.00 - $70,802.00 (salary commensurate with experience). _We also provide full-time employees with a 100% employer paid health benefits package (which includes vision, dental and prescription drug coverage, massage therapy, etc.) a 100% employer paid R.R.S.P. equaling 3% of annual salary and a flexible schedule. We also offer free access to in-house courses and workshops for all of our employees.
Our values are* integrity, innovation, collaboration, empowerment, customer service and accountability*. If you meet the above criteria, hold similar values and are looking to join a dynamic team that works hard to empower organizations to run at peak efficiency, please submit your resume and cover letter or online at https://mpowrsupports.org/.
MPOWR is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all cultures and backgrounds; all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants under consideration will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $54,497.00 to $70,802.00 /year