Norwood is an extremely dynamic and fast-growing company. While they may be located 'in the country', they engage in marketing at a world-class level. They are one of the best kept secrets north of the GTA. Norwood (www.norwoodsawmills.com) is a leading global manufacturer of portable sawmills and related forestry equipment which are sold throughout North America and to over 100 countries worldwide. Their new Canadian head office and packaging, warehousing and distribution centre is a state-of-the-art facility located just south of Orillia in beautiful Oro-Medonte.
Norwood portable sawmills are designed to maximize productivity and to grow as your milling operation grows. Every Norwood is quality-built in Canada and the USA. They are so easy to use that even first-timers can be milling like old-time sawyers in no time! Norwood is the brand-name most people trust. Tens of thousands of Norwood sawmills, cutting millions of board-feet of lumber worldwide have earned Norwood this reputation.
For a digital marketing professional, this role offers the best of both worlds – an exceptional lifestyle and a professional career that rivals those typically only available in the big city. At its essence, Norwood is a marketing company. To be successful, the Digital Marketing Manager will have a strong and intimate knowledge of the digital and social media landscape and a passion for building lifestyle brands, content development and writing.
You will be actively engaged in the day-to-day management of an extremely complex digital and social media platforms (21 websites, 12 Facebook platforms servicing multiple countries and multiple languages, YouTube channels, email marketing platforms, SEM, etc.). You will continue to partner with some of the very best U.S. specialist marketing agencies. You will constantly be researching for the latest developments in the world of digital marketing.
Reporting directly to the President, you will lead the digital and social media marketing effort to help achieve annual sales targets and brand-building goals. You will execute the digital and social-media marketing plans with the support of specialist marketing agencies and manage the various marketing budgets. You will cultivate, refine and maintain Norwood’s lifestyle brands through the web platforms and social media channels. You will manage various marketing initiatives, including further web development and social media expansion projects, to ensure that the new platforms are produced on budget, consistent with branding standards, and delivered on time.
· Norwood is an international company with online and social media assets in multiple languages in many countries. Therefore, you will be expected to carry out these responsibilities not only within Norwood’s North American platforms, but within Norwood’s international platforms as well. This requires a high-degree of organization, planning and coordination.
· Drive sales growth (online and offline), build positive brand recognition and deepen loyalty of followers in North American and international markets.
· Stay up-to-date on marketing trends and digital and social-media innovations to bring new technology and marketing opportunities to the company and its followers.
· Develop a deep understanding of the industry and provide the President with effective insight and intelligence on competitive initiatives and marketing trends.
· Lead, manage and monitor all social media accounts and communications to ensure authentic alignment with our brand, values and goals, create daily content (and translation for foreign markets), moderate visitor communications, and work with outside agencies to develop exciting and compelling programs and effective advertising strategies.
· Lead SEM ad campaigns and initiatives in multiple international markets and, to that end, work in collaboration with outside agencies.
· Manage all website content, and preserve and build the SEO profile for all company websites in multiple international markets.
· Manage and mentor a small team of marketing specialists, web developers and designers.
· Regularly review digital and social media ad statistics to maximize ROI of social media and SEM advertising budgets.
· Work with all external agencies through regular calls and video meetings, ensure deadlines are met, programs are innovative and stay on budget, and targets are achieved. Regularly review and evaluate external agencies’ performance.
· Manage and enhance the company’s existing multiple domestic and international websites and e-commerce platforms including ongoing updates and content management (Magento platform).
· Deploy expanded websites and e-commerce platforms in international markets.
· Lead video marketing initiatives through YouTube and other video platforms.
· Implement promotional campaigns, coordinating them across multiple e-commerce and web platforms, social-media channels, and e-mail marketing and CRM systems.
· Develop and implement effective email marketing campaigns at targeted customers to support strategies (Active Campaign platform).
· Lead development of CRM strategies and tools within a digital scope.
· Coordinate marketing initiatives with international dealers, and monitor all international dealers’ digital, social media and PR communications to ensure authentic alignment with our brand standards, company values and goals.
· A true love for lifestyle brand-building, content development, writing, and social media marketing.
· Degree/Diploma in Marketing, Communications or Business preferred
· 5 years marketing management experience (managing people and process)
· Social media experience with a particular emphasis on Facebook
· E-commerce and SEM experience
· SEO and digital marketing analysis and deployment software including Moz and Google Analytics.
· Aptitude for planning and executing cohesive and coordinated digital and social media messaging and marketing campaigns across multiple platforms.
· Forecasting, analytical, strategic thinking and budget-management skills.
· High proficiency in writing and editing, while also being imaginative and creative.
· Self-starter, driven to achieve goals, while also possessing a keen ability to develop positive and constructive external and internal relationships
· Experience with Magento website/e-commerce software and Active Campaign email marketing software
· Positive and energetic
· High integrity and honesty
What Norwood Offers
· An opportunity to deploy leading-edge digital marketing
· A chance to truly make your mark
· A fast- paced entrepreneurial environment
· A magnificent view of corn fields and horse barns!
To sum up, we are looking for a lifestyle brand-building expert who is comfortable working with complex digital marketing platforms and who thrives in a dynamic cutting-edge environment. Our ideal candidate has a passion for the outdoor way-of-life, is thirsty to work in a dynamic, fast-paced and competitive market, is passionate about our brands, and wants to become an active member of our growing and forward-thinking team.
HOW TO APPLY
For additional information, contact Mike McCarthy at 705-734-2698.
Job Type: Full-time