Import Release Agent - Certified Customs Specialist
Full Benefits - Vision, dental, medical
- Determine the type of shipment for clearance and set up according to arrival time
- Dealing mainly with truck imports but may include rail and air shipments
- Determining credit type and obtaining approval when applicable
- Handle all types of release to include PARS, RMDS, temporary imports, CITES, vehicle imports and shortages.
- Setting up Hard Copy Entries with agents
- Independently be responsible for handling all incoming live shipments for set up
- Update client profile notes for new vendor information
- Create specific shipment notes if required for out of the ordinary information pertaining to a clearance
- Completing the necessary forms required for clearances, Form 1’s, E29B, CFIA requests for approval, Import Declarations, etc.
- Entering in all charges applicable that pertains to a shipment, examples: Form 1 charge, CFIA fee, shortage fee, CCI, etc.
- Obtain information to clear the shipment to include information for OGDs (Other Government Departments)
- Assist clients with their requests
- Tracking and tracing shipments
- Monitor all shipments set up on PARS for acceptance
- Deal with agents, customers, vendors, trucking companies, and airlines for setting up shipments or obtaining information
- Take over all incomplete shipments for the Customer Service Department and monitor and obtain missing information if required
- Hand back all files to the CSRs at the end of the evening
- Work with the raters covering the evening position and assist with their requests for information required to complete the setup of the shipment
- As required prioritize work for completion/ensure company policies are being followed
For immediate consideration please forward a copy of your updated resume to this ad
Job Type: Full-time