Things We Love About You
- You have 6 or more years of experience as a software product owner / manager
- You have a relevant degree or equivalent work experience
- Your written and spoken English are excellent
- You are adept at turning difficult conversations into multiple org / stakeholder alignment
- You are equally happy nerding out over market segment analysis, customer feedback, user experience, system architecture, operational metrics and statistics, long-term vision, and backlog prioritization
- You are as comfortable communicating with executives and engineers alike
We're the AWS Safety Infrastructure team - we build tools and services that codify operational insights gleaned from Amazon's powerful event detection, management, and retrospective mechanisms. Although our services are already being used across the company to put guardrails around production operations, we've got big plans for the future and a passionate, talented team of engineers and leaders to execute them. We're looking for a Sr. Technical Product Manager to help us define, refine, and articulate our customer segments, business opportunities / strategies, and product definition.
You're an experienced product leader with strong judgement, significant technical depth, unwavering customer focus, and a deep understanding of cloud-based web service / IT operations at scale. You are comfortable owning products with both internal and external customers, varying levels of maturity, and in different phases of the SDLC. You have an intuitive understanding of the long-term costs of operations and are excited about inventing new ways to reduce them.
Ok, Now We're Impressed
- You have owned product(s) built on / in AWS
- You have an MBA and / or other relevant graduate degree
- You have experience in data science and / or UX design
- Your middle name was once "Ambiguity", but you cleared that up a long time ago
- You know what it's like to be woken up in the middle of the night because your service is broken and your customers are in pain