Angus Valley Montessori Schools is going to serve the growing demand for superior quality preschool education. We are dedicated to providing the best possible foundation to inspire children for a lifetime of learning and achievement. Together, we offer an environment where students enjoy music, drama, arts, sports, creative activities, family-style dining, as well as free and structured play.
We are looking for a passionate and caring RECE teacher to join our fast-growing team. This person must be very well organized, self-motivated, patient, proactive, compassionate towards children, and must have excellent leadership skills.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in handling all RECE duties including, but not limited to:
· Knowledge of Child Care and Early Years Act and knowledge of licensing regulations
· Ensuring that all regulatory standards required by federal, provincial and municipal governments are always being met
· Working collaboratively with teachers and assistants to plan, develop and implement daily activities that support and promote the intellectual, emotional, and physical development of children
· Provide opportunity for creative expression through the mediums of art, dramatic play and music
· Maintaining a healthy physical, emotional and social environment conducive to learning.
· Maintaining school upkeep including the organization of materials, classroom visual displays, bulletin and announcement boards.
· Ensuring the safety and wellbeing of children at all times
· Provide supervision and guidance of daily activities, field trips and special activities
· Encouraging parental involvement through regular communications.
· Assist teachers in keeping records. Maintaining and completing developmental checklists as required.
· Attending professional development activities, open houses, and parent-teacher interviews as required.
· Other duties as required
The Ideal Candidate Should Possess:
· Must be a Registered Early Childhood Educator
· Early Childhood Education Diploma / Degree recognized by the College of ECEs
· Valid Vulnerable Sector Check
· Valid Standard First Aid Certificate (including Infant and child CPR)
· Up to date Health Check
· Must have a minimum of one-year teaching experience
· Excellent organization and multitasking skills
· Excellent relationship building skills with children
· Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills
Remuneration will be based on experience. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $17.00-$21.00 per hour