- Be at least 19 years of age
- Be able to provide care and mature guidance to children
- Have completed a recognised Early learning program of twenty hours or more
- Have relevant work experience
- Criminal record check
- Current first aid certificate
- Three written references
- Immunizations up to date
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
- Must have own or easy transportation
- Must live in North Vancouver
Job Description outline
The planning and implementation of a program for children that is developmentally appropriate for the children attending.Providing a safe and healthy environment.The program must follow all guiding principles, policy and procedures of the centre and all governing bodies.
Core Competencies and Responsibilities
- Plan activities eg art/science and implement a program that is age specific but allows for flexibility depending on developmental levels
- Change the materials, books and equipment in the centre ongoing depending on interests.
- Assist with equipment and supply lists to purchase to compliment the programming eg new puzzles
- Establish routines and smooth transition times – before school, wash hands, snack, get bags organised.
- Allow for time indoors and outdoors
- Allow for quiet time as needed
- Keep an ongoing supply list on what is needed for snacks and art/craft supplies
- Collaborate with the team to maintain an environment that is clean, safe, inviting and pleasing to the eye, not cluttered.Spend allotted time aftercentre is closed to make the centre inviting for the next session.
- Design an environment that is age appropriate warm and pleasant
- Design an environment that is reflective of the children and families that attend
Health and Safety
- Ensure every child has their needs met in regards to adequate nutrition, toileting and rest if needed.
- Maintain a clean and healthy environment by establishing a cleaning routine, daily, weekly and monthly of the environment and toys.(list included)
- Make sure all table tops, counters and surfaces are wiped down at end of day.Washroom counter and toilet wiped down.Floors swept.
- Follow policies and procedures for all aspects of health and safety of the children
- Ensure fire escape plan is practised once a month/earthquake once a year.Write them both up each time you complete.
- Ensure parents and you are signing the children in and out each day
- Make sure the backpack, first aid, sign in/out sheet and children’s information accompanies you on school pick up/drop off and field trips.
- Keep the lines of communication open with parents, caregivers, schoolteachers and your team.
- Respond to emails or texts from parents.Coordinate special pick up times etc with parents
- Implementation of a facebook site or other ways to Document Children’s learning and activities.
- Ensure parents/caregivers are following the policies and procedures.
- Work with team member and provide a supportive environment.
- Work with support team to plan accordingly with any children that need additional programming
- Provide input in any support programs that need to be written and submitted each month.
- Have agenda of things to talk about for monthly staff meetings
Ensure sign in/out sheet is filed each day – file daily
Ensure enrolment sheet is filled in daily.After each month please file.
Ensure safety of outdoor space list signed off daily
Reply to parents phone calls/emails/texts.Please cc us on emails and keep us up to date of all centres activities.
Prepare report for monthly staff meetings
Training will be provided to ensure you are aware of the policies and procedures.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract. Position will commence January 2020.
Salary: $20.00 /hour
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $20.00 /hour