Common Wealth provides workplace retirement benefits for a 21st century workforce. We’re dedicated to helping to close the retirement security gap for the tens of millions of people who lack access to a good workplace retirement plan. We partner with associations, unions, and employers to deliver value-for-money, collective retirement plans that combine user-friendly technology, digital retirement planning, low-cost investments, guaranteed lifetime income, and a fiduciary duty to members. Our work is serving a wide range of people who’ve lacked access to good workplace retirement benefits, from home care workers to physicians to not-for-profit employees to workers across Canada’s private sector.
Common Wealth’s cloud-based technology platform helps users build and implement an automated retirement plan in less than 30 minutes. For a typical Canadian, access to a Common Wealth plan can be worth more than $1 million over a lifetime compared to typical alternatives. The platform can be white-labelled and configured based on the unique needs of each plan sponsor. Using evidence-based algorithms and a few simple data elements provided by the user, the platform sets a target retirement income, an automated regular savings schedule, and an investment strategy that automatically evolves over time. As the user approaches and enters retirement, they can convert their savings into guaranteed lifetime income through a unique annuity solution
Common Wealth is looking for an SVP, Product Management and Data Analytics to manage our product and data analytics practice to realize Common Wealth’s mission to expand access to retirement security and contribute to a world where all people, regardless of how much they earn or how they work, have access to a high-quality workplace retirement plan.
- Serve as part of the senior management team, working in an interdisciplinary manner with peers, team, company founders to manage the product roadmap and product vision and realize it through collaboration and excellence in execution
- Co-develop the technical strategy with CTO and technology leadership and develop and maintain the product and technology roadmap that will continue to innovate from a business, technology, and customer standpoint.Lead research and development efforts related to the organization's product.
- Continuously improve user experience, operational efficiency, and the value of our product offering to plan members and sponsors
- Recruit, lead, mentor and inspire the product team, including product management, design, and data analysis, enabling and motivating them to collaborate with engineering teams to work as a cohesive unit focused on serving customers and achieving company mission.
- Manage and guide the product team to do backlog management and feature prioritization
- Implement effective solutions for continuous improvement in operational efficiency, faster turnaround times for better customer experience, compliance standards and reduction of human error
- Build and continuously improve data analytics to provide key reporting data to management and stakeholders
- Working with Common Wealth’s cofounders, and its partnerships and client success team, work with plan sponsors and other partners to design and implement configurations of Common Wealth’s technology platform that create maximum value for plan members and partners
- Identify key metrics for achieving business goals, and share reports with management
- Lead research and development efforts related to the Common Wealth product, identifying opportunities to drive greater value and ease of use for members
- Keep up to date with market trends, customer aspirations, and needs
- Authorize and organize the establishment of the Product Management & Data Analytics department and associated senior staff positions
- Allocate material, human and financial resources to product management and data
- Analytics and; approve overall human resources planning for the department
- Select middle managers, directors or other executive staff; delegate the necessary authority to them and create optimum working conditions
- Represent the organization, or delegate representatives to act on behalf of the organization, to design and implement configurations of the organization’s technology platform
- Hours: 40 hours per week
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- 8 years of experience in software development & agile methodologies
- Experience in working in early stage companies (preferable fintech) as an entrepreneur / senior management, and growing them from conceptualization stage to thousands of customers
- Experience in successfully building and scaling cloud-based SaaS products preferably using AWS
- Experience in agile, devops, cloud, and continuous delivery –
- Experience in tools and technology for scalable cloud solutions, and focus on customer experience
- Experience working with different teams, for example sales, marketing, engineering and senior management is required
- Mission-driven and keen to be part of the team to impact the lives of millions
- Experience in the retirement or pensions industry would be an asset
- Experience with managing vendors and partner relationships would be an asset
This role is eligible for discretionary bonuses and increases in salary; it is also eligible for extended medical insurance and stock option plan.
Reference ID: CW202006SVP01
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $120,000.00-$140,000.00 per year
- Casual Dress
- Dental Care
- Flexible Schedule
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Care
- Work From Home
At this time, our entire staff is working remotely. As the situation with COVID-19 continues to evolve, we are communicating with our team and asking for constant feedback in order to help everyone continue to do their best work, while staying safe.
- Temporarily due to COVID-19