Samsung Electronics Canada Networks is looking for a Bilingual (Eng/ French) Senior Program Manager position. The successful candidate will be responsible for the end-to-end delivery of all aspects of complex 4G/5G Wireless project deployment from initiation through to the transition launch/go live.
Role and Responsibilities
- Manage the end-to-end life cycle of assigned projects, such as trials, deployments, etc.
- Collaborate with the Project Sponsors, fellow Project Managers and other stakeholders to prepare applicable project documentation, define scope, prepare budgets, assign resources and launch projects.
- Identify and manage all milestones and inter dependencies to deliver on Project/Program objectives and targets.
- Identify obstacles/conflicts and evaluate, recommend and implement workable solutions. Escalate issues to the appropriate levels within the organization to mitigate risks and keep schedules on track.
- Lead change management activities including careful definition of impacts to scope, budget, time-lines or quality. Obtain sign-off from Management as required to approve changes.
- Schedule and host regular project status review internal meetings and customer meetings.
- Provide Management with concise and timely Project/Program reporting on implementation progress, issues, risks and containment plans.
- Develop and conduct presentations to various levels of Management as required.
- Provide Project Status Reports and Financial updates on Projects/Programs.
- Oversee the implementation of project tasks and milestones outlined in the SOW and Master Delivery Plan.
- Understand Senior Management's business strategy and provide project-related recommendations for cost effective solutions/delivery.
- Create and manage constructive relationships with team members, subject matter experts, stakeholders and other members of the organization.
- Manage customer expectation, perception and eventually achieve high customer satisfaction
- Own and Maintain databases and logs related to assigned projects by using Samsung developed tools
- Identify and implement project improvement activities.
Skills and Qualifications
Required Professional Designation/Certification:
- Post-Secondary degree in Engineering or other related technical discipline.
- PMP certification is preferred.
- Six Sigma and Scrum Master Certifications are an asset.
- 10+ years of program management experience or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the telecommunication industry or equivalent.
- Understand and apply PMI best practices and methodologies.
- Excellent communication and reporting skills.
- Conflict management, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Full competency with MS Office suite.
- Valid Quebec driver’s license.
- Some travel will be required depending assignments.
- Speaking French is a MUST
Samsung is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Samsung has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for job applicants with disabilities as appropriate. Assessment and selection materials and procedures can be made available in accessible formats and methods as appropriate. If you require a specific accommodation because of disability or medical need, please let us know when selected to take part in our recruitment process so that reasonable arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodations to be in place as you move through our process.
We thank you for your interest in working for Samsung. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.