At Equitable Life of Canada, we realize that your work life is not just about performing a job; it's about being part of a workplace that helps you grow and reach your full potential. Within our friendly and collaborative work environment, we recognize that the key to our growth and success is a dedicated, motivated and customer-responsive staff. Join Equitable Life today.
AVP, IFRS Actuarial
12 month contract, Part-time
Equitable Life of Canada is looking for a proven Actuarial team leader with demonstrated experience in applying actuarial judgment and guidance. This highly influential role will act as a key advisor to our actuarial teams, and will be instrumental in the adoption of IFRS 17 standards and model changes at Equitable Life.
What you’ll do:
What you’ll need:
- Upgrade AXIS valuation models to newer versions of the software, including testing and resolution of issues found
- Review the upgrading of AXIS valuation models completed by actuarial students and provide technical expertise where difficulty arises
- Modify the configuration of AXIS models as needed for IFRS 17, including the implementation of IFRS 17 portfolios and groups, historical and period movement data, assumption changes, new capital requirements, and other functionality as needed
- Provide technical expertise and recommendations for IFRS 17 setup in valuation and pricing models
- Review assumptions and methods used in current valuation and develop recommendations for future assumptions/methods based on feasibility and financial impact testing
- Participate in the development of new actuarial process and controls
- Participate in cross-functional working groups to consider implications of the new standards and develop recommendations on key policy decisions
- Participate in the development of IFRS approaches for DCAT, QIS, Business Plan, Assumption Change Reviews and other Corporate Actuarial work
- Reviewing model outputs and validate whether they are appropriate
- Prioritize, plan and mentor the work of actuarial students
- University degree in mathematics or actuarial science and an FSA/FCIA designation
- Minimum 15 years of experience in the financial services industry, including financial reporting
- Demonstrated experience in applying actuarial judgement and interpreting standard in a valuation role
- Experience at the Director level or above in applying actuarial judgement
- Significant Product knowledge of the Canadian Life, Individual Life or S&R businesses
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Thorough knowledge of GGY Axis, Microsoft Excel, and Access
- Proven track record of working on multi-disciplinary teams
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to communicate complex ideas to various audiences
- Ability to deliver project results on time with a high degree of quality
To learn more about Equitable Life, we encourage you to explore our organization.
At Equitable Life, we are committed to providing equal access to employment opportunities across our organization. Please contact our HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to receive our job postings in an alternative format or require an accommodation with the application process.