This exciting opportunity will report directly to the Head of HR in Canada and be an integral part of our talent acquisition team. The candidate will work closely with our HR Business Partners and our Canadian leadership team to help drive recruiting efforts to align with business need. We’re looking for a career professional recruiter with subject matter expertise across multiple disciplines. In addition to being able to work on and fill all levels of positions including Executive requisitions, we are looking for someone who can organize, prioritize and distribute our talent acquisition workload in Canada..
- Bachelor’s degree and 8 or more years of experience in the Human Resources Management and Recruiting area OR…
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 10 or more years of experience in the Human Resources Management and Recruiting area OR…
- Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 8 or more years of experience in the Human Resources Management and Recruiting area AND…
- 10 or more years executive search experience including both research and candidate development experience
- University recruiting experience
- Proficiency using external, global job posting sites
- Strategy development and execution
- Strong business acumen
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, influencing and sales skills
- Strong knowledge of Operational, Regulatory and Compliance background as is applies to Talent Acquisition
- Applicant tracking experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in using Recruiting technologies
- Recruits all level of positions and maintains relationships with candidates that may prospective fit ongoing on future business needs in our selected industry segments.
- Plans and recommends talent acquisition programs, including sourcing, selection and placement. Develops and implements creative recruiting solutions.
- Consults on succession planning and high potential candidate identification.
- Contributes to develop and implement policies, processes, programs and consulting services for senior management to optimally utilize recruitment capabilities.
- Participates in special projects and task teams at the direction of leadership.
- Organize, prioritize and distribute our talent acquisition workload in Canada.
- Actively consults with Human Resources business partners on business issues.
- Thoroughly understands business unit strategic and tactical plans and works with leaders to identify human resource staffing implications.
- Works with senior management to plan strategic recruiting initiatives to enhance the organization´s capability, performance, and goal achievement.
- In partnership with Human Resources professionals and senior management, contributes in planning recruiting strategies to address internal workforce- planning needs for business units.
- Maintains and develops ongoing relationship with third party recruiters to ensure the market has up to date
A future with Zurich
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 148 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. We are a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. Today, we serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology and insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, Zurich strives to provide ongoing career development opportunities and foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our people, our customers and the communities we serve.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers’ expectations. Zurich is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and barrier-free environment resulting in an accessible organization for employees, customers, and other parties who interact with, or on behalf of, Zurich. We strive to achieve a workplace free of discrimination of all forms, including discrimination on the basis of physical or mental disability, or medical condition. If you are interested in a job opportunity, please advise if you require an accommodation, so we can work with you to provide a more accessible process.
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich Canadian Holdings Limited. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.