Pictou Landing Band Council
RR 2 Site 6 Box 55 Trenton, Nova Scotia
Phone: (902) 752-4912 Fax (902) 755-4715
JOB POSTING - CCA Worker
The Pictou Landing Band Council is seeking resumes for 2 full/part time positions of CCA Workers with the Pictou Landing Health Centre.
Responsibilities/Duties May include but not limited to the following:
· Reporting to the Assistant Living/Home and Community Care Coordinator.
· the Continuing Care Assistant is responsible for providing service to clients, in the community and clients homes, in accordance with the individual care plan.
· Provides personal care as directed by the Home Support Program Manager or immediate supervisor, including assisting the client in walking, climbing or descending stairs, getting into and out of bed, eating, dressing and other matters of personal hygiene
· Perform light housekeeping duties
· Meal preparation
· Provide respite for families and care givers
· Communicates with appropriate members of the health team regarding the management of the client's or family's homemaking, physical, and emotional needs and informs an immediate supervisor or Manager of any changes or concerns.
· Observe and monitor clients’ status and document client care (daily call checks, and other forms as required, to maintain the effective and efficient operation of the personal and home support service) * Administer first aid in emergency situations
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· Must have a CCA certificate
· Must be able to submit a criminal record and child abuse
· Relevant experience or equivalent training would be an asset
· Emergency Level First Aid Training
· Whims Training
· Able to provide moderate to heavy cleaning duties
· Able to work flexible hours to include days, evening and weekends
· Must be able to lift at least up to 20 lbs.
· Proficiency in the Mi’kmaw Language would be an asset
· High quality communication, team work and people skills
Salary: as per the PLFN pay scale
Weekly Hours: Full time/Part time
Start Date: July 6, 2020
Please submit resumes with cover letter outlining your skills and abilities to Verna Langley in person, by fax 755-4715 by 12 Noon Tuesday June 30th.
**PLEASE NOTE: ONLY THOSE WHO QUALIFY WILL BE CONTACTED FOR AN INTERVIEW***
***This posting may be altered or cancelled without prior notice
Application deadline: 2020-06-30
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent