Why should you join our team?
YMCA Calgary is actively building healthy communities - join us in creating a better Calgary.
YMCA Calgary opened its doors in 1902, since then we have evolved into a vibrant charitable organization that responds to the needs and health of the community.
Guided by four core values of honesty, caring, respect and responsibility, YMCA Calgary develop and delivers quality programs and services that promote the health of the community and provides opportunities for all Calgarians to belong, grow, thrive and lead. Our team of staff and volunteers are committed to creating a positive impact in the community through our health and wellness programs, child care and early education programs, community outreach programs (such as Indigenous, youth at risk, and cultural integration programs), leadership programs, camp experiences, and much more.
YMCA Calgary serves the community at our eight health and wellness locations, seven child care centres, two outdoor camp locations, and 60 community outreach locations. Join us in building healthy communities!
Early Childhood Educator
Quarry Park Child Development Centre
$31,200.00 - $34,112.00 per year (depending on certification level) + associated provincial hourly wage top up depending on certification level. This centre is accredited.
This position is full-time and will work 40 hours per week. Flexibility will be required to meet area need.
You can make an impact in the community - locally and across the globe. You will work with a fun culture of people and enjoy many of the benefits and opportunities the YMCA offers:
- Complimentary YMCA Calgary membership including a linked membership for dependent children;
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits. Premiums paid in full by the Association;
- Pension plan with specified contribution matching by the Association;
- Anniversary flex day and gifts given to celebrate each year of employment;
- Program discounts;
- Ongoing leadership development and opportunities;
- Leadership award opportunities;
- Scholarship opportunities;
- Paid recertification and training.
What qualifications are we looking for?
At YMCA Calgary we strive to ensure our employees are a fit based on their strengths, interests, and future goals. The successful candidate will have the following;
- Alberta Daycare Qualifications Certificate (Worker, or Supervisor level);
- Experience working with children aged 12months - 6 years in a licensed child care setting;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including basic computer literacy;
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR C certification (CPR recertified within the last 12 months);
- Evidence of a clear Police Information Check and Vulnerable Sector Search;
- Three professional references.
What does this role look like at YMCA Calgary?
This position is Full -Time and will work 40 hours per week between the hours of 7am - 6pm, Monday through Friday. Flexibility of the successful applicant’s personal schedule is required to ensure area needs are met. Some evening and weekend work may be required to meet training requirements.
The Quarry Park Child Development Centre is currently completing the Provincial accreditation process and is licensed for 348 children aged 12 months - 6 years.
Reporting to the Child Care Director the Child Care Educator will:
- Ensure the delivery of excellent service by identifying and responding in a professional and timely manner to the needs and wants of children and parents/guardians;
- Plan and facilitate intentional, developmentally appropriate play-based learning activities. This includes engagement in active play indoors and outside, swimming and centre experiences;
- Effectively implement YMCA Canada’s Playing to Learn Curriculum;
- Ensure a safe and clean environment that is in good repair;
- Establish and maintain effective communication standards with stakeholders and professionally represent YMCA Calgary both internally and with the broader community;
- Provide support for YMCA initiatives.
What qualities do we look for in YMCA Calgary Staff and Volunteers?
Our employees embody the YMCA values of honesty, caring, respect and responsibility. In addition, they model and are committed to the following competencies;
- Developing Self and Others: Developing people with a view toward present and future capacity.
- Building Purposeful Relationships: Relating to people authentically with their best in mind.
- Creating a Culture of Community: Gathering people to purpose and vision.
- Making Intentional Impact: Intending to make a difference every day.
- Thinking and Acting Strategically: Applying thoughts, words, and actions in service to the vision.
- Applying Business Acumen: Demonstrating excellence in technical skills and stewarding the YMCA Business Model.
- Innovating: Ability to know your environment, initiate and respond effectively to changing conditions.
Please note that evidence of a clear Police Information Check with Vulnerable Sector Search is a requirement
YMCA Calgary is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants must have legal authorization to work in Canada by way of Canadian Citizenship, Permanent Residency or a valid Canadian work permit. YMCA Calgary is currently not engaged in international recruitment efforts as we are required to demonstrate that we have exhausted all means of recruitment both locally and nationally.
Potential candidates will only be contacted if selected for an interview.
For any concerns or questions please contact Cassandra Petrovic, Recruitment Manager,