Who are we?
REAL by FAKE is a fast-growing visual effects studio based in Montreal and Los Angeles, with multiple service points in deployment. The company is known for its realistic visual effects and post-production services for films, television commercials, and music videos. Our promise; to make life simple for employees by providing all the tools and guidance needed to get the job done autonomously. In fact, our pioneering remote working technology, developed in 2016, has not only offered us tremendous flexibility, but has also put us at the forefront of current trends. REAL by FAKE embodies a culture that encourages autonomy, personal and professional growth. Come be a part of our expansion and see your talent truly valued!
Job Description :
As a SysOps, you will be joining RealByFake's IT team, where you will help provide the best tools and technology to deliver stunning VFX and Movies. This includes, but not limited to administering, designing, implementing, maintaining and troubleshooting the technology and infrastructure on premises, at our remote data centres or in the cloud whether it is legacy or cloud native.
Under the supervision of the Global Head of IT you will work within a fun, fast pase and flexible environment where no day is the same. Your mission will be to maintain, monitor, improve and deliver RealByFake tools and systems. An emphasis will be put on working implementing new tools, automation and Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure (Kubernetes, AWS).
The role is well suited for someone who loves open source with a cross-disciplinary mindset and DevOps philosophy.
What we offer:
- A pleasant work environment in a competent team, which puts forward the pleasure to work;
- A flexible schedule;
- Work from home;
- A wellness program for employees (finally your motivation to go to the gym);
- Coming soon: new offices (under construction) at Berri-UQAM metro station.
- Maintains current infrastructure and implement new systems;
- Work on Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure;
- Responsible for Linux, Windows and Mac systems, including tasks such as installations, maintenance, upgrades, system performance and application deployment;
- Automate recurrent tasks using IaC and Scripting with DevOps/GitOps methodology and CI/CD pipeline;
- Provide level 3 support for difficult to solve incidents worldwide;
- Maintain general upkeep and health of the Montreal data center;
- Maintain and create technical documentation and processes;
- Stay informed of best practices. Help define guidelines, best practices and metrics for technical designs and standards;
- Mentor and trains team members;
- 4 Years experience in the field;
- Your Linux Fu is strong, including scripting and troubleshooting;
- Good knowledge supporting heterogeneous OS environments (RHEL / DEB Linux-based distribution,Mac OS, Windows) servers & desktops;
- Knowledge of cloud services such as Amazon Web Services & Kubernetes;
- Good knowledge automation configuration management and provisioning (Ansible, Terraform, Packet, etc.);
- Good knowledge of network protocols such as DNS, DHCP, VLANs, VPN and firewalls;
- Knowlage of KVM & Xen Virtualistation solutions and VDI;
- Ability to be available for critical server outages ( i.e. potential evening & weekend work );
- Strong problem-solving skills;
- You can take ownership of projects craft solutions to solve business problems;
- Working in a fast-paced environment where autonomy, multitasking, initiative and prioritization are key;
- Knowledge of Bash, Python and Go;
- You have experience managing large high-performance NAS environments;
- Candidates with prior system/network management in Media & Entertainment industry;
- Knowledge of Ceph & Rook;
- Knowledge of monitoring systems and tools ( Prometheus, Grafana, ELK );
What you want to know :
REAL by FAKE ™ is a strong, dedicated and passionate team of world-class creative and technological talent. REAL by FAKE's tribe of artists delivers "REAL" visual effects that maximize creative impact and visual possibilities in any medium: from concept to finished product. Its work includes numerous blockbusters: Wild, Dallas Buyers Club, The Aviator, C.R.A.Z.Y., 300 and, most recently, FAKE oversaw the complete post-production and visual effects for HBO's Big Little Lies 1 and 2 and also Apple TV's The Morning Show +. Help develop our tribe of artists and come work on smart, creative content.
Type d'emploi : Temps Plein, Permanent
Salaire : 80 000,00$ à 120 000,00$ par an
- Assurance Dentaire
- Assurance Vision
- Horaires flexibles
- Programmes de Bien-être
- REER Collectif
- Tenue Décontractée
- Travail à Distance