As a member of the paving crew, the Asphalt Raker is responsible for raking asphalt, shoveling excess asphalt, sweeping up debris, and a variety of labour related duties.
- Assess road condition and job requirements.
- Spreading asphalt with a rake using efficient techniques and maintaining a good pace.
- Shoveling excess asphalt and sweeping up debris.
- Responsible for the proper match points and limits of asphalt mix adjacent to concrete structures, manholes, water valves and other fixtures within the road surface
- Using an asphalt rake, blend and level any seams in the mat, reducing visible marks and seams in the asphalt surface.
- Measure the width of the road using measuring tape, and string line the boundaries of the road surface as a guide for the paver.
- Assist the screed operator with even distribution of asphalt materials over the road surface
- Verify, estimate, and set the angle and depth of the asphalt screed as required.
- Signal operators of construction equipment to facilitate alignment and movement of materials.
- Shovel asphalt mix into areas inaccessible to paving machines, and compact mix using rakes and hand tampers
- Operate equipment, such as pneumatic hammers, vibrators, tampers, and skid steer when needed.
Wages will be determined based on experience. Please indicate which position(s) you are applying for on resume/application. Please provide references.
If you are interested in joining our growing company, please email your resume to careers@Meseyton.com, call 204-239-6267, or visit us on Highway #1 West of Portage la Prairie, to fill out an application.
Only eligible candidates will be contacted.