At ICBC, it’s our job to make sure the car insurance system works for all British Columbians, today and in the future. If you want to make the most of your skills and expertise while growing your career, we want you. A career at ICBC is an opportunity to be part of a talented, diverse and inclusive team that is driven to serve its customers and community. You can expect a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and a collaborative work environment. If you are reliable and dependable, contact us today to be part of our talented and diverse team as we work together to create an insurance system we can all be proud of.
We welcome applications from all qualified job seekers. If you are a job seeker with a disability, please let us know as adjustments can be made to help support you in delivering your best performance.
As the IS Solutions Leader for IS Driver Licensing & Road Safety, you will be accountable for developing technology solutions to ensure alignment with driver licensing business strategies and modernization roadmap. We will draw on your experiences in leading the development of technology solutions to implementation, and your ability work efficiently with remote teams to achieve this.
Your responsibilities will include guiding stakeholder and partner engagements from a technology standpoint, ensuring solutions are:
1) align with technology and data governance
2) security and audit compliance
3) integrated with enterprise common enablers, and
4) providing leadership to application development and support teams.
Your solid background in driving and leading technical engagements, your strong troubleshooting skills, and ability to provide creative technology solutions will see you thriving in this role.
Your key focus and deliverables:
- Develop high level end-to-end application solutions, and help drive the implementation and effective delivery of IT solutions into production.
- Ensure component level designs are integrated, leveraged, and aligned with enterprise common enabler systems (Enterprise Data Warehouse, Enterprise Portal, etc.).
- Partner with teams and serve as subject matter expert to provide benchmarked solutions to multiple, complex technical projects/initiatives within own area of expertise.
- Provide technical direction on systems analysis, design, development, testing and deployment by collaborating with various IT teams, driver licensing stakeholders, and government partners.
- Develop and document architecture decisions within the department
- Keep abreast of technological trends in the industry and make recommendations to the organization on technology implementation in alignment to modernization roadmap.
- Drive a culture of innovation and creativity to challenge the status quo and offer new viewpoints on IT simplification, and decommission.
To make an immediate contribution in this critical IS Driver Licensing Solutions Lead role, you will have demonstrated experience:
- Working on large projects involving web application development(Angular, Core Java), API development and related tools/technologies like Spring boot, Web Services (SOAP and REST), XML, and JSON
- Any previous experience working with mainframe legacy technologies such as PL/1, JCL, and IMS DB/DC would be an asset.
- Working with security frameworks and architectures for middleware software and databases, and with Directory and Federation Services implementation and administration;
- Troubleshooting and providing creative solutions, effectively leading geographically dispersed teams, and ensuring progress tracks development objectives;
- Working within a complex environment and understanding the implications of government and regulatory requirements for security and audit.
- Working with technology-based tools or methodologies including JIRA, SVN, ISPW, ITIL, SDLC, Agile to review, design and/or implement products and services.
- Building strong working relationship and influence decisions with product vendors, consulting partners, clients and stakeholders.
- Experience supporting and guiding development teams through all phases from design and development to production sustainment and support.
- Experience utilizing methodologies and techniques like Scrum, Disciplined Agile and Kanban.
- This position may require you to qualify for security clearance from CSIS
The Solutions Lead will be running with end-to-end effort to establish, implement and sustain work streams. A core requirement for this position requires the Solutions Lead to initiate documents outlining scope, team, designs, costing, and long term sustainability as well as budget, value and benefits’ analysis. The lead must be able to quickly establish medium and large work streams with knowledge and understanding of navigating change in complex enterprise technologies such SOA, Identity Management and Portal Services. Ability to establish and facilitate complete end-to-end designs and guide teams to execute on plans implementing technology such as Mainframe Systems, Data Warehouse, Content Management, Distributed Applications and Master Data Management.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday