Position: Store Manager
Position Reports to: Regional Store Manager
Location: Yorkdale Shopping Center, Toronto
The Flagship Store Manager is responsible for facilitating a unique and inspirational Customer experience that reflects the October’s Very Own brand image.
This role is an opportunity to become a key player for the OVO brand. This individual must maintain all store operations and goals while driving sales to ensure the profitability of the store.
The Store Manager will be responsible to monitor all inventory and visual merchandising processes and to delegate tasks where necessary. Simultaneously, they will continue to actively develop and build the team through hiring, training and coaching using innovative methods to elicit the best performance from each employee.
The Store Manager is responsible to communicate consistently with the Director of Retail by responding to any calls, messages, emails in a timely manner. You will be required to have a weekly status call with Lena Lisa, during this call please be prepared to discuss the following: sales, staff, inventory, performance management, product seeding requests, concerns or questions etc. The weekly reports are then shared with the wider Retail and Merchandise Leadership team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Use our company core values to represent our Brand both internally with staff and externally with the customer base.
- Manage people, store operations and store environment to achieve sales, service, organization, customer satisfaction and profitability goals and maintain operational standards.
- Promote a positive work environment through mutual respect, motivation and mentorship, as a manager you are responsible to lead by example.
- Build a team with diverse talents and experiences and allowing them to play to their strengths.
- Demonstrate awareness of the local retail marketplace, consumer trends, use these insights to inform the retail directors.
- Own and communicate city specific Influencers and seeding lists for OVO Culture and Talent.
- Drive a VIP and Premium consumer experience
- Manage and address loss prevention concerns with the HR and Retail Directors.
Staff Management Responsibilities:
As a Manager, you are held responsible for the performance and well-being of your team.
- Responsible to create, lead, develop the store sales team to ensure great service and extraordinary customer experience.
- Responsible to monitor and manage performance at all times.
- Conducting performance reviews with the Director of Retail and HR.
- Take ownership of the stores Rota and scheduling responsibilities.
- Payroll Duties.
- Responsible for strategic planning and team involvement.
Profile / Qualifications:
- 5 years minimum retail experience in a comparable high retail environment
- A minimum of 4 years management experience.
- Experience with retail operations, budgeting, planning, customer service, sales and people leadership and management.
- Excellent Communication Skills both internally and externally - both written and verbal.
- Extensive experience and ability to lead the delivery of a high level of customer service in a brand retailer.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products and retail business systems.
- Ability to build, lead, drive good behaviors and manage high-performing teams.
- Ability to utilize HR tools to support conflict resolution and employee coaching.
- Ability to work weekends, evenings and holidays as needed.
- Proven brand passion for sportswear, fashion, music and trends.
Job Type: Full-time
- retail management: 3 years (Required)
- boutique: 2 years (Preferred)