Support Workers Wanted!!!
Are you someone who is passionate about making a difference in a person’s life? Are you looking for a career that has meaning?
At Community Living Guelph Wellington (CLGW), we have rewarding career opportunities. We employ more than 500 full-time, part-time and relief staff across Wellington County. We have job openings right now!
Part-time Positions - Guelph, Fergus, Ennotville, Mount Forest, Erin
- Weekends (working two out of three, or three out of four)
- May be scheduled up to 24 hours a week
- Regularly scheduled at one location
Relief/Casual Positions - Minto, Mount Forest, Erin, Fergus, Guelph
- All shifts (days, afternoons, overnights/sleep, overnights/awake and weekends)
- Can work up to 40 hours a week
- Minimum requirement two shifts in eight weeks
- Can work at multiple locations
We take pride in the work that we do, as we provide support for over 500 people who have a developmental disability with over 40 group homes and day programs. Join our dedicated team of Support Workers who provide support and direct supervision of adults with developmental, physical and emotional challenges.
Why Join CLGW?
- Exceptional wages $22.39 to $25.14 per hour
- Provides excellent training, including First Aid, Non-Violent Crisis Intervention, Medication Administration, Core Competencies, Person-Centred Support, as well as site specific training
- Career development opportunities
- Developmental Services Apprenticeship reimbursements
- Positive, respectful and inclusive work environment
- Flexible shifts so that you have a work-life balance
What You Will Be Doing?
- Promote community inclusion, independence and self-determination for the people we support
- Support individuals to identify, work towards and achieve their dreams and personal outcomes
- Participate in all activities of daily living (i.e. cleaning, cooking, medication dispensing, personal care, potential lifts and transfers)
- Ability to problem-solve and work collaboratively within a team and with families
- Complete all required documentation accurately and timely
- Act as a resource and liaise with families and community agencies
What We Are Looking For?
- A Developmental Services diploma or a university degree in Psychology, Sociology or a related field
- Experience providing support to individuals who have a developmental disability to promote community inclusion, independence and personal choice
- Excellent critical thinking, interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
- Proficient with PC computer environment
- A valid Ontario Driver’s License (Class G)
- Experience with behavioural protocols an asset
- Experience working with individuals who have dual diagnosis, autism, behavioural challenges and mental illness an asset
If this sounds like you, apply today!
CLGW is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Codes and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), accommodations will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process. To better support your needs, please make your accommodation needs known in advance.
Community Living Guelph Wellington is dedicated to facilitating opportunities for people with developmental disabilities to realize their potential and dreams in their communities.
Our Core Principles include:
- valuing the potential in each person
- listening to each person's dreams and choices
- collaborating with community partners
- being accountable, ethical and transparent in all that we do
- learning and innovating
To learn more, visit www.clgw.ca
Job Types: Part-time, Casual, Permanent
Salary: $22.39 to $25.14 /hour