Coast Mental Health (Coast) is one of the largest mental health non-profit societies in Canada, and operates a large array of innovative housing and community based rehabilitation services for people with a mental illness living in and around Vancouver. Coast operates in the Lower Mainland of British Columbia providing approximately 1000 people with supportive housing and 4000 clients living in the community with a wide variety of programs and services.
Coast fosters a client-driven, recovery-oriented environment that promotes restoring health, personal growth and a return to society for individuals with a mental illness through advocacy and providing direct programs and services.
About Nair Place
Nair Place is a 26-bed licensed mental health residential facility, located in Langley. Nair Place serves people living with mental illness and high-personal care needs.
- Sets up meal trays with items such as condiments, utensils and napkins; portions out food and beverages on
meal trays according to menu slips; loads, delivers, collects and unloads meal service wagons.
- Serves food and beverages within a dining room and/or cafeteria operation; operates
dispensing machines; puts away and brings out supplies as required
- Counts, weighs and/or measures ingredients for assigned food preparation area.
- Makes beverages and food items such as tea, coffee and toast; assembles items such as sandwiches and
- Strips, racks and washes items such as dishes, pots, pans and utensils; operates dishwashing and/or pot
washing machines; stacks clean dishes and utensils; sets, clears and cleans dining tables.
- Performs cleaning duties such as sweeping and damp mopping floors, cleaning counter tops, sinks, machines
and equipment and spot washing walls and splash areas; removes garbage as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Requirements / Qualifications
- Grade 10 or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Criminal Record Clearance required if hired
- Food Safe
- We believe in our people and recognize for hard work
- We operate client-centered care under the principles of psychosocial rehabilitation
- There is a variety of work within a particular position and within the organization
- We strive to be the best that we can be
- We hold Exemplary Status accreditation through Accreditation Canada
- We have won numerous awards for our innovative programming
- We care about our employees, and believe in living our values and culture throughout the organization
***Employees of Coast must apply with their internal account (Coast email address registered). Current Coast employees who apply to this posting using external accounts will be considered as external candidates. Seniority will not apply.***
***Coast Mental Health is committed to creating a culture of diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion or disability.***