Kelowna Cells Detention Guards
Commissionaires BC in Kelowna are looking for versatile and highly motivated security professionals to add to our team in the Kelowna City Cells. As a successful candidate you must meet the physical requirements of the job, clear criminal record check, pass enhanced security clearance requirements, be highly reliable, have excellent interpersonal and verbal communications skills and possess excellent customer service skills.
What’s in it for you?
- Gain valuable experience as a stepping stone into a law enforcement career.
- Competitive hourly wages.
- Health & dental benefits for FT employees.
- Uniforms included.
- Training to succeed in your role and full time opportunities.
You’re a good fit if…
- Demonstrated interest and experience in serving the public;
- Positive and professional attitude, with strong customer service skills;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, and equipment such as faxes and photocopiers;
- Excellent attention to detail and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to handle emergency situations in a calm and professional manner;
- Strong multi-tasking, prioritizing, and organizational skills;
- Physically fit and assertive, including the ability to conduct extensive foot patrols;
- Fluent English written, verbal and reading skills.
Some of your responsibilities include:
· Performing cell checks;
- Data Entry;
- Writing clear and concise daily logs and reports of all incidents;
- Monitoring Cameras and Fingerprinting services;
- Proactively responding to and resolving emergency situations and conflicts;
- Assisting and processing residents
- Effectively communicating problems or concerns to the Site Supervisor;
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of site duties and safety standards.
Your Must Haves …
- Residing in Canada for a minimum of 5 years