JOB TITLE: Maintenance Technician
ROMET Limited was founded in 1972. Today, Romet is an international market leader in positive displacement rotary gas meters, electronic volume, temperature instrumentation and auxiliary equipment for the natural gas industry. Romet's mission is focused on driving customer satisfaction with responsive deliveries, technical support and customer service that is matched with rugged, reliable products and solutions that are manufactured with uncompromised Quality, Accuracy and Safety requirements. Romet has been recognized as one of the Best Managed Companies in Canada for three consecutive years.
We are currently looking for a Maintenance Technician to join our busy and growing manufacturing facility. The successful candidate will be engaged in elevating the department and company to the next level. The incumbent will be forward looking and thrive in a culture of continuous improvement.
For the right person this is an exciting opportunity to be developed and invested in to become an integral member of the Manufacturing Engineering team within the plant and operations. We are looking for a highly motivated, focused and outgoing person who wants to springboard their career with a thriving manufacturing company. You will be provided the coaching and training needed throughout the onboarding and orientation process that will build from your base of skills acquired from your past experiences.
You will learn our business during your training with our experts in operations, production and manufacturing engineering.
If you are excited at the prospect of joining a high growth, technically relevant organization this may be the opportunity you.
Reporting directly to the Director of Operations, the Maintenance Manager will assist and lead the maintenance of our facilities as to improve our business. The individual will be responsible for leading maintenance systems, overseeing the continuous improvement of the manufacturing process and executing long-term strategic plans.
Key Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Perform preventative maintenance procedures both on production and facility (building repairs) support equipment’s; including external service contracts
- Maintain all necessary records to support PM Program
- Perform major and minor repairs to support production department by timely troubleshooting and resolving technical problems to minimize down time; including coordinating work performed by external service contractors
- Modify and fabricate equipment/fixturing to fit new production requirements or solve production and/or safety issues, perform cutting, grinding and/or fabricating as required
- Responsible for planning, scheduling, conducting and coordinating the technical and management aspects of maintenance related projects
- Prepare maintenance project proposals including budget monitoring and trend tracking
- Accountable for the successful completion of maintenance projects
- Develop, evaluate, improve and document maintenance processes
- Assist contractors with repairs or overhauls with new equipment installations as required
- Control and monitor maintenance department inventory
- Ability to work with CMMS; conduct and complete planned maintenance tasks, able to complete work orders, and able to generate work orders
- All other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications:
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven and high intensity environment
- Must be able to work well in an unsupervised environment and as part of a project team
- Proven troubleshooting ability with emphasis on safety and reliability
- Must be well organized
- Ability to perform machining
- Must be aware of all safety standards and requirements for maintenance work
- Strong problem solving, project management skills
- Must be a self-starter and be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft applications
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Good working knowledge of OHSA and ISO 9001 Systems
- Good working knowledge of manufacturing ERP Systems
- Strong knowledge of engineering concepts, including electrical, hydraulic and mechanical systems
- Ability to interpret blueprints, specifications and schematics considered an asset
- Diploma or technical degree in Millwright, Electrical, Manufacturing Engineering, or equivalent
- Minimum of 2-5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- Strong understanding of machining tooling and machining fixturing is considered an asset
- Problem solving and Root Cause Analysis training and experience
- Lean Manufacturing training and experience would be an asset
- Six Sigma certification would be an asset
We offer an attractive total rewards package consisting of competitive base salary and bonus, benefits, pension, and comprehensive in-house training.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $50,000.00 to $55,000.00 /year