Come join us and help make a difference in the lives of older adults! As employees at a Verve Senior Living Retirement Residence, our primary goal is to help each person, have a great day, every day! Our employees thrive on collaboration and have a passion for excellence, achieving multiple awards including the Order of Excellence in Quality, from Excellence Canada. As part of our team, the things you do are key to helping us achieve our shared vision of helping seniors live longer, better. Oh, and you’ll also have a lot of fun doing it. Want to join us?
Under the direction of the General Manager, organizes 24-hour resident care in accordance with the principal functions of nursing services in licensed care and the professional standards of practice of the applicable provincial College of Nurses. Implements current provincial Ministry and local health authority’s standards.
Has obtained a recognized nursing license (RN licensing) and must be in good standing. Written and verbal fluency in English is required. Has demonstrated excellent leadership skills and organizational skills. Must have proficient computer skills (i.e. Word, Excel and Mede-Care). Has 1 year of experience as a Registered Nurse in long-term care and 3 years of experience as a RN in a leadership capacity and healthcare setting. Has some experience working within a union setting. A resident-oriented individual, whose visions and values align with those of Verve Senior Living.
- Participates in the Verve Quality Improvement (VQI) program.
- Processes admissions, transfers and discharges of residents.
- Ensures the resident file is established, proper documentation (i.e. medications, etc.), and safe practices related to medication administration processes as per legislation and regulatory bodies.
- Aware of services provided and works with residents and their families to meet said resident’s needs.
- Reviews residents’ plan of care quarterly or as required based legislation/regulation.
- Using the appropriate tool (i.e. pre-move-in physician’s statement), interviews/meets with residents to determine suitability. Moreover makes recommendations for services that may or may not be required based on legislation and regulatory bodies (if applicable).
- Recruits, interviews and selects candidates for open positions. In addition, coaches, mentors and develops employees
- Conducts annual performance appraisals and addresses performance issues.
- Holds regular department meetings to communicate and update employees as per Diversicare/Verve Senior Living policies and procedures.
- Supervises and assess employees to ensure their job is being done competently and to Diversicare/Verve Senior Living and legislative standards. Provides timely and constructive feedback to employees regarding job performance. Develops/updates job routines.
- Oversees staff scheduling to include shift changes, vacation and leaves of absence.
- Plays a role in the preparation of the capital and operational budgets, paying close attention to any budgetary issues. Manages the department finance (budget), including inventory management and purchases.
- Provides information for variance reports for any negative financial statements. Approves/signs off on invoices. Reviews and promotes initiatives that generate revenue.
- Complies with the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, and Workplace Hazardous Material Information Systems. This includes recognizing health and safety hazards, reporting incidents, fulfilling responsibilities under the applicable legislation, as well as participating in in-services and fire drills. Takes on a leadership role and complies with infection prevention and control guidelines.
- Complies with all relevant corporate policies and procedures.
- Maintains processes, files and procedures on an ongoing basis to ensure compliance.
- Arranges/assigns/provides educational in-services for staff and residents.
- Serves as a member of the leadership team and contributes/makes recommendations to the overall operations of the home in alignment with the vision and values of Verve Senior Living.
- Develops internal and external relationships (i.e. with residents, hospitals, other departments, government departments, families) and advocates, collaborates and communicates with these groups to ensure optimal wellness outcomes are achieved.
- Works in conjunction with Sales and Marketing to raises awareness about the residence and services provided.
- Completes all required mandatory training/education.
- Performs other related tasks as delegated by the General Manager
“We accommodate persons with disabilities in the hiring and recruitment process.”
All offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Background Check. We thank all who apply; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Personal Details * Required field * First name*
Job Type: Full-time
- Company Pension
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- On-site Gym
- On-site Parking
- Paid Time Off
- Registered Nurse: 3 years (Required)