# 1920-475 W.L. Seaton Secondary School
1 Block Literacy Support Teacher - ELL Program
SEM 2 :
BLK C (ELL Language Instruction - Gr 8-12)
This temporary contract position will be to support the ELL Program
This temporary contract position is effective January 27, 2020 and will continue until June 26, 2020.
Please contact Jeff Huggins, Principal, if you have any questions about this position.
Secondary School Subjects
- Possess a valid BC Teaching Certificate, membership in the BC Teachers Regulation Branch and eligibility for a Teachers Qualification Card.
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary) or equivalent with a major or minor in the subject area(s).
- Demonstrated current knowledge of the IRPs for the subject area, including the learning outcomes and appropriate resources.
- Be proficient with technology and 21st century learning.
- Have knowledge and/or experience in the areas of outcomes-based instruction, assessment for learning, differentiated instruction and inclusive education.
- excellent classroom management skills.
- the ability to differentiate instruction based on student needs
- strong interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills
- current demonstrated ability to teach at the secondary levels
- training in Secondary education
- an understanding and appreciation of the importance of First Nations Language & Culture
- knowledge of current instructional practices and the ability to adapt curriculum, programs and instruction to meet the diverse needs of students
- demonstrated ability to support students, consult with parents and work collaboratively
- ability to integrate use of technology to support instruction, web-based reporting and communicating with the school community
- interest in contributing to the professional community at the school
- sound knowledge of technologies and their educational application
- experience and skill working with behavioural challenged students