Interested in being a key sales team hire at a category-defining software company that’s transforming the legal profession? CiteRight is looking for an Enterprise Account Executive (SaaS) to run the full-sales cycle to help us scale revenue and build market share.
CiteRight is a next-generation knowledge collaboration platform for lawyers and legal teams. By streamlining and extracting structured data from litigation workflows, CiteRight makes it effortless for lawyers to reuse the best legal arguments in their firm — and frees lawyers to be the strategic advisors they’re meant to be. CiteRight is used by Canada’s largest law firms to make their legal research workflow more efficient and unlock the power of their institutional knowledge.
Our customers love what we’ve built, and there’s so much interest and so many warm leads that our founding team can’t manage them alone. This is a chance to bring an antiquated profession into the digital age, ship a product to paying users that can’t live without it and help write the sales playbook for the next billion-dollar vertical.
About the role
As our first sales hire, you’ll work closely with our executive team to initiate, develop, and close qualified sales leads. You live and breathe sales, you’re an exceptional communicator and fast learner, and you’re ready to join an exciting and growing startup. You have the confidence to think strategically about developing and executing winning strategies to close high-value deals. Your compensation will include a base salary as well as a commission.
What you’ll be doing
- Ramp up a successful outbound sales strategy to attract target customers and hit our ambitious 2020 growth targets.
- Establish trusted relationships with partners/senior lawyers, knowledge management, technology and c-suite executives at law firms, within the defined territory.
- Close new business, meeting or exceeding quarterly sales quotas and/or revenue targets.
- Develop and qualify new leads via calls and meetings to understand business needs.
- Become highly proficient and demonstrating the CiteRight product suite in person and remotely to different types and sizes of audiences.
- Develop and maintain relationships with multiple professionals within prospect firms and to develop a buying constituency.
- Rigorously manage proof of concept trials from beginning to close and successfully handover to new customers to the customer success team.
- Create proposals and negotiate contracts.
- Manage upsells during the first year after you win a new customer.
- Consistently use CiteRight’s Hubspot CRM system to log and manage prospect communications, keep deal status up to date and provide regular pipeline updates to management.
- Relay customer feedback to the product team as needed.
- Maintain a deep understanding of the product and ensure customers are using the software to its fullest.
- Other duties as required. These might include: representing the company at conferences and events, writing marketing copy for strategic campaigns, and more.
What you bring
- 3+ years of experience selling enterprise software to professional services providers — ideally to legal providers and/or B2B subscription-based SaaS software.
- A track record minimum of $2.0M, preferably more, per year of complex sales results, and of meeting or exceeding annual sales targets.
- Experience in building and qualifying opportunity pipeline either in a business development role or in a field sales capacity
- Previous experience working with and selling to law firms or other similar professional services organizations preferable.
- Strong communication, listening, presentation, and negotiation skills.
- Familiarity with CRM and support software systems (Hubspot, Salesforce, Zendesk).
- Be comfortable with technology, curious to learn more, and good at explaining technology to non-experts.
- Have high standards of integrity and trust that our customers and the CiteRight team demands.
- Be self-motivated and able to manage projects successfully without oversight.
Why join CiteRight?
- Team. Our team is filled with smart, curious, independent, self-motivated, and nice people. Together, we have a happy and fun team culture.
- Personal Development. We work on challenging problems. It’s hard, in a good way. We’re committed to providing opportunities for education, professional development and skill building.
- Technology and Design. Machine learning is driving a new industrial revolution, and it’s terrific to work closely with this impactful technology at the ground level. Moreover, we care about great design and a great customer experience.
- We’re early stage. So there’s lots to still discover and develop - which makes for a great learning environment where you can build your “brand” of sales and create a lasting impact on the people, clients and business.
- Lots of benefits and perks.
Please be aware that due to the nature of our business all successful candidates must clear a background check before beginning employment.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $100,000.00 to $120,000.00 /year
- Enterprise software sales: 3 years (Required)
- Meet monthly quotas
- Engage with multiple customers on a daily basis by reaching out to new clients, and by developing campaigns for maintaining customer loyalty
- Implement strategies for retaining customers requesting to terminate or downgrade their account
- Record changes to customer accounts, updating service packages, adding accounts, and removing accounts as needed
- Other duties as requested
- Manage multiple accounts, ensuring that a high level of customer retention and satisfaction is maintained