Whitevalley Community Resource Centre requires a part time (up to 16 hours per week) at $30 per hour. This position is to start as soon as possible and is located in Lumby BC.
Assessment, support, service coordination and urgent response to the most complex clients as required. Your clients may exhibit co-occurring disorders and may also have serious functional impairment in the domains of physical health and personal, family, financial, occupational, and social life.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work or Clinical Counselling from an accredited university.
- Two (2) years’ recent related Mental Health & Addictions experience in clinical areas, services, and programs, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Integrates best practice and current research evidence to support professional practice decisions and actions.
- Ability to promote client-focused care that demonstrates care for and with the clients and significant others, sensitivity to diverse cultures and preferences, client advocacy and social justice concerns.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with clients, families, the public, medical staff and members of the interdisciplinary team using verbal, written communication
- Ability to effectively apply conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated ability to organize work, set objectives and establish priorities.
- Manages time and resources, implements activities to promote cooperation among the interdisciplinary team an ability to collaborate across disciplines.
- Valid BC Driver’s License as well as a clear drivers abstract and access to personal vehicle for work related purposes
- Criminal Records Check
- Provides psycho-social assessment, support and community connections to services for individuals presenting with mental health and addictions concerns.
- Identifies areas of need and responds by developing or reviewing a care plan, which may include providing short term crisis counseling and support to individuals presenting with mental health and addictions concerns as well as providing case management.
- Foster and promote positive change and independence in those individuals served.
- Promote good public relations and healthy community partnerships and alliances.
- Ensure accurate and timely reports, data entry and documentation.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit resumes, with at least two references on or before April 3, 2019 at noon.
Whitevalley Community Resource Centre
ATTENTION: Dawn Frizzell - HR Manager by email
Subject to read: Mental Health and Addictions Counsellor
We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those under consideration will be contacted.
Job Type: Part-time