Glacier House Resort is looking for new team members to join our team this summer. We offer competitive wages, season end retention program, and benefit package after 3 months, on site affordable staff accommodation. This is a 6 month contract position until September 30, 2019.
The Front Desk Agent will be responsible for greeting and registering guests, providing outstanding guest service during their stay, and settling the guest's account upon completion of their stay. Other duties will include registering guests, making and modifying reservations, acting as hotel operator, and performing concierge duties. The Front Desk Agent must possess a positive and upbeat personality with a desire to deliver outstanding customer service to our guests. The Front Desk Agent must have the ability to multi-task, be detail-oriented, and be able to problem solve in order to effectively deal with internal and external customers.
- Customer Focus
- Energy & Stress
- Team Work
- Quality Orientation
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Operating Equipment
- Ethics and Integrity
- Responsible for checking guests in and out of the Hotel.
- Answers various questions from guests.
- Computes bills, collects payment and makes change for guests.
- Count and verify cash float
- Complete shift audits as required.
- Print updated in-house, arrival, departure, and room status reports every two hours pending activity.
- Respond to telephone, e-mail, and in-person inquiries from clients, business partners, and other parties.
- As a front-line worker, present a positive and professional image of the organization to all visitors, suppliers, inquiries, and other interactions.
- Provide information to staff and/or clients about special activities.
- Set up and take down of continental breakfast, includes cleaning dishes and restocking.
- Assist with serving in the restaurant.
- Assist with housekeeping and laundry when required.
- Performs other duties as required
- High School Diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent
- 6 months of experience as a Front Desk Agent is an asset
- Experience in customer service
- Ability to analyze and interpret the needs of clients and offer the appropriate options, solutions, and resolutions required within outlined policies
- Experience conflict resolution, negotiation, and objection handling skills
- Able to respond quickly in a dynamic and changing environment
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $14.50 to $16.00 /hour
- front desk: 1 year (Preferred)