Day Camp Facilitator
Fredericton Bouldering Co-op
What better way to spend your summer? Fredericton Bouldering Co-op (FBC) is a grassroots organization in the heart of Fredericton created to foster the local climbing community. We are looking for enthusiastic facilitators for our day camp program. Successful candidates will be responsible for providing a safe and fun environment for kids ages 5-12, while helping develop rock climbing skills, engaging in interactive games, taking out trips and more, in a positive “challenge-by-choice” environment. Facilitator will also aid with additional events and tasks as necessary. Up-to-date criminal record check and vulnerable sector check required upon hire. First aid/CPR training will be provided if necessary.
- 1-2 years experience facilitating, coaching, or teaching children preferred.
- Indoor or outdoor bouldering/climbing experience is considered an asset.
- Must be physically capable of participating in activities, demonstrating techniques and spotting participants.
- Answers directly to the Program Director, as well as the Executive Director.
- Help organize and plan summer day camps for kids ages 5-12.
- Implement daily plan/schedule alongside co-facilitators, Program Director and volunteers.
- Teach basic bouldering skills, safety protocols, teamwork, self-esteem.
- Supervise campers on nearby out-trips.
- Be prepared with impromptu games/activities for downtime.
- Aid with additional facility events and tasks as necessary.
- Be able to problem-solve in unanticipated situations.
- Competently complete necessary paperwork including incident reports, camper attendance, timesheets, etc. in a timely manner.
- Work amongst a diverse group of staff, campers and gym patrons.
- Mostly weekdays but some weekends could be required.
Two positions available.
Submissions must include a cover letter and resume.
- On-site parking
- Casual dress
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $12.20 /hour
- Fredericton, NB (Required)