COMPANY: Coop Regionale
HIRING MANAGER: Brandon Tiunema
LOCATION: Timiskaming, ON
PAY GRADE: Salary
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build and nurture strong relationships with farm customers and our suppliers
- Provide sound agronomic advice and determine appropriate recommendations and technical positioning for agronomic practices and products
- Provide customer support and expert advice on crop nutrition, soil test interpretation, field scouting, diagnostics, and product recommendations
- Utilize agronomic expertise and anticipation of agronomic trends to improve market positioning and profitability of proprietary and vended crop protection and plant nutrition/performance products.
- Assist with the management and delivery of crop nutrition products, seed, crop protection products and services
- Develop business plans with farm customers and provide follow-up on cropping plans and recommendations
- Support agronomy and sales activities such as agronomy alerts/updates, agronomy bulletins, crop tips, grower agronomy and product meetings, field diagnostics, product inquiry resolution, quick response access to agronomic information by phone and/or email, marketing and advertising ideas and tools
- Daily travel, extended hours and overnight travel as required
- Be able to lift 40-50 lbs.
- Be willing to train and certify as a forklift operator
- Strive to maximize on our ability to obtain/sustain customers business, within profit margin
- Achieve agreed upon sales targets and outcomes
- Emphasize product features based on analyses of customers' needs and on technical knowledge of product capabilities and limitations.
- Work within a marketing/sales budget to promote the business, inform our growers, develop/maintain relationships and maintain a presence within our community.
- Develop and maintain effective business relations with current and potential future customers.
- Work with and advise farmers on cropping practices that will improve their economic returns as well as protect environmental sustainability.
- Provide assistance in crop production, planning, and forecasting.
- Inform management with reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services.
- Remain current with trends in the marketplace and within the ag industry
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- A demonstrated passion for Northern Ontario agriculture
- Experience in Ag retail, Agronomy, Sales, Precision Ag/or related field
- Degree or Diploma in Agronomy or closely aligned field – P. Ag. or CCA is beneficial
- Organized, self-directed and self-motivated
- Excellent time management skills and strong work ethic
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including presentation skills
- High commitment to learning new technologies and agronomic practices
- Valid class G driver’s license and clean drivers abstract
- Excellent computer skills with the ability to use MS Office Suite
- Positive and upbeat attitude
- Life-long learner