Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Purpose of Job:
Contributes to the overall success of Global Business Payments, Enterprise Payments mandate by supporting development and evolution of a governance model to ensure alignment between internal stakeholders, external industry changes and regulatory requirements. Participates and facilitates interaction with projects in an agile environment, aimed at accelerating benefits for our business customers and the Bank and in line with the industry standards (i.e. Canada Payments Modernization). Works with global partners including the business lines, digital banking, IT, operations and support, and corporate function teams to deploy solutions for Global Business Payments. Identifies and prioritizes opportunities to deliver effective planning, execution and communication for our technology roadmap and ensure it aligns to the overall Global Business Payments Enterprise Payments strategic vision. This role will also provide subject matter expertise in a number of payments modernization agile labs, focusing on operations, processing and settlement systems.
Skills, Experience and Functional Competencies:
- Development and execution of an enterprise payments governance model using an agile approach and continuous improvement
- Development and execution of change management forums to provide visibility into enterprise technology and operational dependencies required to prevent service disruption to global payment systems.
- Create and facilitate ongoing process, system and forum(s) to document global payment systems and related data to support an enterprise payments strategy.
- Facilitate and project manage remediation of regulatory initiatives related to enterprise payments
- Apply expert financial, operational, and technical knowledge to the evaluation and design of a project, process, or governance structure
- Facilitate appropriate communication methods and tracking tools to ensure identification and management of risks, mitigation strategies, plan activities, dependencies, impacts, escalation channels, financial budget and detailed project documentation.
- Build and maintain key strategic relationships within various groups including support functions, technology groups and business lines to ensure alignment with the overall strategic plans of the Bank
- Lead the development and implementation of stakeholder engagement, change management and communication strategies
- Provide periodic reporting on initiative status, activities and tasks, risk, interdependencies and issues for presentation to senior executives and other major stakeholders
- Conduct project post-implementation review and ensure learning incorporated into future projects for continuous improvement
Education and Other Requirements:
- In-depth understanding and or experience of Business Payment ecosystems and underlying global industry trends and regulatory requirements
- Working experience managing projects and processes related to SWIFT network, products and infrastructure.
- Working experience managing projects related to LVTS and ACSS is an asset.
- Excellent hands-on experience with end-to-end project management of multi-year complex technology programs
- Working knowledge of Agile principles, cadences and processes
- Strong project management knowledge including plan development; scheduling methodology; reporting; risk assessment; cost/benefit analysis and alternatives identification; budgeting, financials and benefits management
- Demonstrated organizational, decision making and creative problem-solving skills and the ability to manage multiple projects to tight timelines, attention to detail – disciplined ability to prioritize
- Ability to build relationships with key stakeholders across the organization with a focus on value-added cross-functional collaboration a
- Highly developed leadership and influencing capabilities and ability to effectively manage conflicts
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with track record of working directly with senior leadership levels
- Excellent presentations skills with the ability to convey complex information clearly and concisely to all levels of the organization
- Results-oriented, and self-motivated
5+ years of experience managing complex business and technology projects
Bachelor's degree required
Advanced business and technical knowledge of payments industry
PMP is considered an asset
Although main office is in Scarborough, the position may be required to travel to offices located in downtown Toronto for regular meetings.
Canada : Ontario : Scarborough
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank’s six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.