The IT Director will report to the CFO and will be responsible for the management, strategy and execution of all IT infrastructure for the facilities under BZAM’s management. Through strategic and tactical direction, you will direct and develop the effective delivery of networks, development, and disaster recovery systems and processes. Other responsibilities will include managing technical projects in alignment with the organizational goals, making sure they are delivered on time and in budget.
BZAM is as awesome as it sounds! We are an integrated cannabis company whose mission and brand stand for quality and integrity. Our commitment to excellence, service and employee satisfaction is demonstrated in our agile and strategic approach to market entry and investment in our people. As an emerging company in a rapid growth industry, BZAM’s innovative and accomplished leadership team is the cornerstone of our business and portfolio development.
- Develop and oversee all metrics for hardware, software, and storage;
- Create processes and standards for selection, implementation, and support of IT systems and Network infrastructure;
- Determine and define business requirements for IT systems and infrastructure;
- Ensure strategic capacity planning in line with the organization’s growth strategy;
- Liaise between all departments as necessary to understand requirements and how best to meet them;
- Stay up to date on security risks and ensure corporate security; Identify security vulnerabilities and eliminate them with strategic solutions that increase the safety of an organization’s data;
- Direct and supporting the implementation of new software and hardware;
- Identify and recommend new technology solutions;
- Coordinate IT activities to ensure data availability and network services with as little downtime as necessary;
- Develop, manage, and track the IT department's budgeting and forecasting in line with annual budget;
- Ensure smooth delivery and operation of IT services by monitoring systems performance;
- Implement executive policies; and
- Report back to the C-suite level.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field; Masters is strongly preferred;
- Proof of continued education such as certifications; CompTIA A+ Certification, CompTIA Network+ and CompTIA Security + are strongly preferred;
- Excellent understanding of computer systems, cybersecurity, architecture, network and systems administration, databases and data storage systems, and telecommunications systems;
- Solid working knowledge of current security protocols and threats;
- Ability to foresee possible issues and troubleshoot them proactively;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate with teams across the entire organization;
- Excellent leadership and decision-making skills;
- Strong knowledge of project management principles;
- Proven track record of strong negotiation and leadership skills; and
- Strong background in a fast-paced environment with dynamic priorities and evolving targets.
You Are ANALYTICAL with the ability to collect and analyze information to generate solutions to technology related problems.
You Are HIGHLY ORGANIZED AND FOCUSED with the ability to coordinate the work and schedules with multiple departments whilst managing own workload.
You Are an INTUITIVE and BUSINESS-SAVVY individual using this to develop and implement plans to achieve the organizations goals.
- 8-10 years of experience working in IT operations, supervising technology teams, and overseeing large information technology projects;
- Significant experience in all phases of the development lifecycle;
- Experience in creating processes and standards for selection, implementation, and support of IT systems and Network infrastructure; and
- Experience of working in a start-up environment is strongly preferred.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive Compensation and Benefits Package
- Rapid growth and advancement potential
- Learning and development opportunities
- Dynamic and innovative environment
- Exceptional culture
BZAM is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that values the strength of diversity within the workplace. All qualified applicants, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, nationality, age, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law, are strongly encouraged to apply.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Management: 5 years (Required)
- IT Operations: 8 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)