Position Title: Part Time Administration Office Assistant Residence: Four Elms Retirement Residence
Reports To: Office Manager
Under the direction of the general manager and the office manager is responsible for the efficient and administrative support services to the general manager and the office manager, while maintaining and performing a variety of clerical tasks in a busy reception area.
Minimum grade 12 education. With some experience or education in the areas of accounting and administration. Demonstrates leadership along with a capacity of interpersonal administrative abilities.
Excellent typing skills and proficiency with word processing and computers are required, as are pleasant presentation skills and good verbal and written communication skills in the English language.
- Participates in, and contributes to, the Verve Quality Improvement (VQI) Program.
- Performs confidential documents and reports and performs typing using word, and establishes forms using excel.
- Sets up and maintains confidential resident files/staff files.
- Directs requests for marketing tours to appropriate staff and conducts tours as required.
- If requested, enter sales data into sales software.
- Completes staffing schedule in the absence of department managers as needed
- Completes prospect inquiry sheet after receiving telephone enquiries.
- Maintains cash box and reconciles for guest meal sales and tuck shop sales.
- Ensures supply and control of all office supplies and equipment for the maintenance of administrative support services, including inventory, purchasing and receiving.
- Enters resident miscellaneous charges.
- Prepares resident alert report from badge system daily
- Maintains and updates the resident badge /Fob system entering admissions/discharges as required.
- Type letters, resident notices, activity schedules and other documents, as required.
- Answers the telephone and direct calls in a professional, courteous manner.
- Handles multiple requests for residents and assigns duties to appropriate departments.
- Performs photo copying, faxing and filing requests as required.
- Prepares and receives courier packages.
- Updates all daily, weekly and monthly residents list and distributes accordingly.
- Updates and maintains staff contact list/ resident admission and discharged accordingly.
- Distributes all incoming mail, packages and deliveries for entire community.
- Co-ordinates outgoing mail.
- Regularly reviews entry and exit points visually and /or through desk top monitors.
- Presents a positive company image and maintains positive communication with other staff, residents, families and the public.
- Participates in meetings, in-services programs as arranged by the site.
- Ensures that the reception desk and surrounding area is kept clean and tidy.
- Complies with the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, and Workplace Hazardous Material Information System. This includes recognizing health and safety hazards, reporting incidents, fulfilling responsibilities under the applicable legislation, as well as participating in in-services and fire drills.
- Performs other duties as assigned or delegated by the general manager/office manager
"We accommodate persons with disabilities in the hiring and recruitment process."
All offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Background Check. We thank all who apply; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Job Type: Part-time
- office administration: 1 year (Preferred)