Vallen is a member of Sonepar Canada and is one of Canada’s leading industrial distribution companies headquartered in Edmonton, Alberta. The Sonepar family of companies includes Vallen, Gescan, Lumen, Sesco, Texcan, Dixon Electric, MGM Electric and Osso.
Vallen is seeking potential candidates for a permanent full-time opportunity for a Business Development Manager to work in our Ft. McMurray branch.
The Business Development Manager is responsible for:
- Developing and capitalizing on large operating company MRO supply and service opportunities
- Direct Sales Leadership to Vallen Fort McMurray’s Outside Sales Team
- Managing a specific portfolio of business
- Develop growth strategy within Vallen and work with senior and local management to execute
- Growth in new locations, new capabilities, new customers and expansion of existing customers
- Drive customer interaction and assist Vallen Outside Sales Team in finding and closing opportunities
- Work with Vallen’s key suppliers, Marketing and Category Managers to identify and capitalize on opportunities
- Work with senior management on expansion of MRO capabilities
- Sales Management of Vallen Outside Sales Team
- Minimum 5 years of related experience, in a Sales/Distribution environment.
- Sales Leadership / Sales Management experience required.
- Business Development experience required.
- High School Diploma required.
- University/College Diploma preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office required.
- Knowledge of CRM software preferred.
- Knowledge of MRO distribution operating software preferred.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s Licence required.
In exchange for all your hard work and determination, you will receive a competitive salary, plus a full set of benefits, including:
- Flexible benefits program allowing you to choose from options that best fit you and your dependents’ needs. Benefit options include: Medical, Dental, Vision, RRSP (matching up to 3.5%), and a Health Spending Account;
- Regardless of your benefits program, you will receive company paid Life Insurance, and employee paid Disability.
What’s it like working at Vallen?
Upon joining our team, you will become part of a supportive, family-oriented culture where you will be led by a president who fully believes in having an open-door policy. Your suggestions will be heard, and your hard work will be rewarded.
Vallen offers a supportive and rewarding culture that values its people and their contributions. Our values are based on creating an environment where feeling valued, respected and empowered is paramount.
At Vallen, we care about the community around us. Each of our branches participates annually in fundraising for the United Way and other community charities.
To explore and learn more about Vallen, please visit www.Vallen.ca
Job Type: Full-time
- sales: 1 year (Preferred)