Redlen Technologies is the leading provider of multi-energy, X-ray imaging modules based on proprietary Cadmium Zinc Telluride (CZT) imaging sensors. Our precision energy detection platform provides solutions to Global Fortune 500 companies in the medical imaging, security and non-destructive testing market segments.
Detail-oriented? Love west coast living? You'll fit right in! Join our team of industry-leading researchers, engineers and designers delivering high resolution radiation-based imaging products that make the world a healthier and safer place. Located on Vancouver Island on Canada's Pacific coast, our employees and their families enjoy easy access to a wide variety of metropolitan and outdoor recreational activities, affording an unrivaled balance of technology work and a re-energizing lifestyle. We offer a comprehensive benefit program including flexible work hours, competitive salaries, and health and dental insurance.
Redlen is committed to promoting employee equity and building a skilled, diverse workplace reflective of Canadian society.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the candidate will be a highly talented and experienced leader to help build and manage a world class Product Validation function. The group will be responsible for the validation of radiation imaging detectors and systems based on Redlen’s cutting-edge Cadmium Zinc Telluride radiation sensing technology.
This position is based in Victoria, BC.
- Understand customer requirements and develop validation plans to ensure that all products meet those requirements
- Develop the staffing and resourcing plans to execute on the validation plans
- Help specify the hardware and software requirements to carry out the validation tasks
- Manage the validation process and schedule
- Identify which requirements can be confirmed as met “by design” and which ones require the development and implementation of a factory acceptance test for each product shipped
- Manage the team of highly skilled validation engineers and scientist, including setting priorities, developing employees, providing technical direction
- Develop validation test reports for each customer and product
- Support product manufacturing in their development of volume production factory acceptance test plans, test hardware and software
- Examine test escapes and field returns to understand what went wrong and what lessons can be learned from them
- Participate in design reviews and root cause analyses
- 5 years product validation experience
- Validation experience in complex hardware, software and firmware environments
- Experience in mixed signal semiconductor device validation
- Experience with validating complex detection or instrumentation products
- Working knowledge of product development and validation in ISO9001 or ISO13485 environments
- Experience with troubleshooting and problem solving
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to apply statistical tools such as JMP or Minitab to solve practical problems
- Strong oral and written communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Good customer facing experience and skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Demonstrated leadership experience managing and mentoring direct reports and in driving cross-functional teams in a matrix organization
- A strong technical background, with experience with semiconductor, medical imaging or security imaging products is a definite asset
- Bachelor’s degree in systems or electrical engineering, engineering physics or equivalent
Reference ID: TESTENG-24
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- product validation: 5 years (Required)