Under the direction of the Supervisor, Licensing & Parking Enforcement, the Overnight Part Time Parking Officer is responsible for monitoring and ensuring compliance with Municipal Parking Bylaws, including issuing of Parking Infraction Notices and arranging for the removal of vehicles in violation of bylaws; providing support for other bylaw enforcement as required; attending court and presenting evidence related to parking violations.
1. Formal academic training in law enforcement combined with demonstrated experience in a related field.
2. Ability to work independently or as part of a team with minimal supervision.
3. Demonstrated communication skills (both verbal and written).
4. Demonstrated interpersonal and mediation skills.
5. Demonstrated ability to carry out multiple tasks or projects with attention to detail and accuracy is required.
6. A commitment to deliver excellent customer service, be customer service oriented and use tact and diplomacy to deal courteously and effectively with the public.
7. Knowledge of safety and security practices, techniques, municipal by-laws and court procedures.
8. Ability to understand parking related rules, regulations and documentation and court proceedings.
9. Must exhibit maturity and demonstrate sound judgment.
10. Must have Class “G” Driver’s License in good standing.
11. Ability to work overnight shifts and weekends.
12. Due to the responsibilities of this position, a Police Information Check satisfactory to the Town is required.