At Konecranes, we believe that great customer experience is built on the people behind the Konecranes name – people committed to providing our customers with lifting equipment and services that lift their businesses. Everything we do, we do with passion and drive. This is what makes Konecranes a unique place to work.
Qualifications: Must have good mechanical aptitude, good driving record and can not be afraid of heights. Must have prior experience performing maintenance on overhead cranes. Must have Journeyman Electrician certification.
1. Perform maintenance inspections on electric overhead traveling cranes at customer locations.
2. Conduct extensive on site electrical, electronic and mechanical troubleshooting to determine cause for equipment malfunction and establish the necessary repairs utilizing visual inspection, test procedures and appropriate test equipment.
3. Perform on site repairs on overhead traveling cranes in conjunction with planned repairs as part of customer's maintenance contract, in response to a service call or on an emergency call due to an equipment breakdown.
4. Responsible for a basic understanding and working knowledge or all CSA, OSHA, ANSI, CMAA, and other codes or regulations pertaining to our industry. Must be able to get specific regulations if requested.
5. Responsible for completing all daily paperwork required accurately and completely.
6. Document and log any quotations you provide customers (either verbal or written) and generate a document or copy of your quote for use as a follow-up sheet.
7. Review with the customer all repairs you performed and get their signature on the daily service report indicating their acceptance of proper and completed work.
8. Responsible for maintaining a professional appearance and image at all times.
9. Maintain all company equipment and assets in proper working order and neat or clean.
10. Maintain a stock of the appropriate forms and literature on the service vehicle and be capable of utilizing the proper documentation and forms used by the service department.
11. Responsible for keeping a proper stock level of inventory and line stock items on the service vehicle.
12. Accountable for all the company issued tools, ladders, and inventory levels assigned to you.
13. Responsible for generating sales and service leads during service calls and identifying the proper Konecranes Canada Inc. personnel of the customer's need and level of interest.
14. Must develop a thorough working knowledge of our service literature, service policies and labour rates.
15. Must provide customers with a "Safety Summary" on any safety items noticed during service visits and bring back a signed copy of the document as evidence of our notice to the customer. (This is a basic professional courtesy required at all times. It also may protect Konecranes Canada Inc. from any liability if the crane is used.)
16. Must maintain regular communication with the local office and/or call in a minimum of once per day to the service branch.
17. Responsible for understanding the procurement of basic parts on service jobs, completing the proper purchase orders and developing a good working knowledge of local vendors and vendor stocked parts. If the job permits or the situation warrants, all the ordering of parts for jobs should be done by the technician servicing the account and this time should be billed to the project.
18. Responsible for working a "fair share" of any 24-hour calls and overtime necessary. This will be divided as equally as possible by the service supervisor/planner.
19. Responsible for completing a "Safety Audit" on the limit switches and proper general operation of any crane you have worked on or inspected prior to leaving the customer's premises.
Must be able work off step ladders, climb fixed or step ladders, work from various type lifts, wear full body harness fall protection equipment and use properly, wear canister type mask and/or self contained breathing apparatus when required as personal protective equipment (PPE). Frequent lifting of parts and/or components weighing 10- 20 pounds and occasional lifting of parts and/or components weighing 30-50 pounds. Infrequent lifting of parts and/or components weighing over 50 pounds. Must be able to stand, walk and climb for extended periods.
Konecranes is a world-leading group of Lifting Businesses™, serving a broad range of customers. We are truly a global company with 17,000 employees at 600 locations in 50 countries. For over 80 years, we have been dedicated to improving the efficiency and performance of businesses in all types of industries. We believe that sustainable growth is a result of a strong responsible performance.
Job Type: Full-time