Second Closet is Canada’s largest full-service storage company.
We first cut our teeth on the consumer market. Famously picking up, storing, and returning people’s stuff for as little as $3 a month. We’ve been fortunate to help 1,000s of consumer clients. As we continue to grow that side of the business, we’re also setting our sights on enterprise clients. That’s where you come in.
As a member of our Business Development Team you will be a data-driven, pro-active, mid-market sales hunter who is enthusiastic about identifying, targeting, and creating opportunities. You’ll open cold accounts and effectively communicate how we can add value and win business.
You’ve also got big ambitions. As a young company there’s a tremendous amount of upward mobility. Your consistent high-performance, meeting of quota expectations, and attention to detail will ensure you progress through the ranks.
Who you are:
- Executive-level communication and interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented, strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Great at facilitating customer meetings and presentations to stakeholders of all levels
- Driven to overcome customer objections and achieve high sales quotas
- Highly energetic, motivated and confident team player
What You'll Be Doing:
- Identify and generate new qualified opportunities through prospecting and activity-based calling and emailing
- Cultivate and nurture the sales cycle process from initial contact through to qualification
- Leverage social strategies to initiate sales conversations with all levels of stakeholders
- Convert qualifying leads into sales opportunities with Accountant Executives
- Manage a book of business for maintaining active engagement with new and existing leads
- Collaborate with Account Executives to develop creative programs to drive and manage pipeline progression
- Utilize Salesforce for record-keeping of prospect accounts and for logging all activity and information on prospects
- Reports to the Business Development Manager
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- 1-2 years experience in elevated sales role or customer service
- Marketing experience/outbound B2B sales
- Experience with multiple sales techniques
- Proven ability to meet targets and achieve sales quotas
- Experience with CRM software (e.g., Salesforce)
What’s in it for you?
- $70K on-target earnings per annum
- Health and dental benefits
- Downtown office
- Being part of an ambitious team
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $40,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year
- Secondary School (Required)