Sales Representative North America (m/f)
For more than 50 years SCHAEFER stands for excellent customer oriented comprehensive solutions and far-reaching service in the elevator industry. The range of products covers manifold operating and indicating elements as well as components which are used in commercial elevator installations all over the world. Our goal is a long-term customer satisfaction that is based on global quality recognition.
SCHAEFER is looking for a Sales Representative with strong customer focus and entrepreneurial skills to maintain and service a constantly growing customer base in the North American market. This position starts ASAP.
Position Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prepare product and service presentations for existing and prospective customers featuring the SCHAEFER service and product port-folio and benefits
- Quote prices and prepare sales order reports
- Actively manage and grow our customer base
- Discuss credit terms
- Data input for customer accounts incl. contacts, reports and RFQ/ order status using MS Office, ERP + CRM System
- Maintain close contact with customers, resolve issues and provide customer advice
- Responsible for resolving customer claims and complaints in a timely and accurate manner
- Follow-up with customers on product and service delivery, quality and satisfaction
- Visiting existing and prospective customers, trade shows and conferences throughout North America on a frequent basis
- Support and provide feedback to General Manager and Inside Sales
- Be an advocate and expert of elevator components – understanding and updating your product and industry knowledge.
- Establish and maintain liaison between customers, prospects and SCHAEFER Team
- Post-secondary education or Bachelor’s degree in Business/Arts
- 5+ years work experience in sales of technical products
- Technical/Mechanical Sales knowledge and understanding is mandatory – preferable experienced in the elevator industry
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal in English, along with excellent interpersonal abilities. French or Spanish considered an asset
- Working knowledge of the metric and imperial system
- Proficient user of MS-Office products, CRM and ERP systems
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License and ability to travel within Canada and the USA (company vehicle), requires clear drivers history and abstract and valid passport
- Demonstrated analytical, time management and organizational skills
- The ability to work independently, be self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Willingness to grow and adapt to change as we are a growing company
We offer an excellent salary and benefits package including bonus structure and monthly car allowance or company car. Extended Health and Dental Plan after 6 months’ probation period.
SCHAEFER is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you have initiative and the skills, talent and experience to take charge, please submit your cover letter and resume detailing salary expectations, date of availability and why you are a great candidate for this position.
Visit our website to see our product lines and services: www.schaefer-canada.com, www.ws-schaefer.com
Only those with a current ability to legally work in Canada should apply. Please identify on your application on what basis you have the legal right to work in Canada.
At this time SCHAEFER will not be accepting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes as they will not be considered. SCHAEFER is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Job Type: Full-time
- technical sales: 5 years (Required)
- English (Required)
- French (Preferred)