The Dining Room /Restaurant Supervisor assists the Food Service Manager in all aspects of meal service including, sanitation of the kitchen area, presentation of dining room, distribution of meals to the residents and guests. They are responsible to coordinate all dining room functions, guests and catering functions within the retirement residence. They supervise all service staff to ensure a pleasurable dining experience for our residents.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Greets residents and their guests in a warm inviting manner.
- Organizes dining room services to ensure each resident’s needs/preferences are met through seating to deliver of meal service.
- Inspects and garnishes food and ensures that it is attractively arranged for delivery to residents.
- Supervises meal service to residents and all customers to ensure it is completed in a professional and courteous manner.
- Maintains a presentable & inviting environment by overseeing the cleaning of the dining room/ pub/café areas.
- Direct service staff and provide leadership to dining room staff as required.
- Ensures dining room supplies and linens are maintained and always clean, pressed etc.
- Maintains guest registry and billings for additional dining room charges, caterings, alcoholic beverages, pub charges etc.
- Performs other duties and functions that from time to time are required.
- A minimum of grade 12 or equivalent. Graduate of a recognized food service/hospitality program preferred. Smart Serve certified.
- Previous supervisory experience, with demonstrated coaching and problem solving skills, as well as a strong hospitality background in the food and beverage industry.
- Sound knowledge of proper food handling and storage procedures.
- Ability to interact with all levels of the Management Team
- The ability to work accurately and quickly.
- Empathy for and ability to get along with the elderly and people with disabilities.
- Sound computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.