Eastern Zone, Inverness Consolidated Memorial Hospital
3000549 PHC EZ IVR FP Inverness
Type of Employment:
Permanent Hourly FT (100% FTE) x 2 position(s)
Admin Professionals Bargaining Unit - CUPE
Posting Closing Date:
Applications are accepted until 11:59 PM on the Closing Date.
Nova Scotia Health Authority is the largest provider of health services in Nova Scotia. We are over 22,000 employees who provide health care and support services in hospitals, health centres and community-based programs throughout Nova Scotia.
Nova Scotia Health Authority provides health services to Nova Scotians and some specialized services to Maritimers and Atlantic Canadians. We operate hospitals, health centres and community-based programs across the province. Our team of health professionals includes employees, doctors, researchers, learners and volunteers that provide the health care or services you may need. This is accomplished across four geographic management zones which are responsible for the operation of acute care health centres and the provision of a variety of inpatient, outpatient services including academic, tertiary, quaternary care and community based programs and services including continuing care, primary health care, public health, and mental health and addictions.
- Perform general reception duties, including telephone contact with public and staff
- Receive and responds to inquires and requests, both on the phone and in person, exercising sound judgment, courtesy and confidentiality
- Complete client bookings and registrations for collaborative team clinics
- Book clinic dates in collaboration with the collaborative practice teams
- Perform general clerical duties such as filing, photocopying, scanning, billing and maintaining sufficient inventory of supplies
- Assist with the planning and organization of various meetings as requested by management team
- Collect data, performs data entry and maintains other relevant information as required by NShIS, Electronic Medical Record (EMR)and generates statistical reports as required
- Work with minimal supervision, using sound judgment to make decisions
- Responsible to hold in confidence all matters pertaining to clients, staff and the NP Service
- Other related duties as assigned
- Grade XII required
- Graduate of a recognized office administration program required
- Certificate in medical terminology required
- Minimum of one year recent experience in office administration required
- Typing speed of at least 40 words per minute with accuracy
- Computer literacy including demonstrated skills in EMR, Word, Excel and Publisher
- Background in health care preferred
- Must have demonstrated good attendance in current and past employment
- Demonstrates an awareness of organizational and community needs
- Physical capabilities to perform the duties of the position such as working flexible hours, dealing with stressful situations and travelling within the District and to other areas as required
- Fluent in French and English preferred
Applicants will be screened on the above qualifications. Applicants must clearly demonstrate how they meet the knowledge and competencies in their cover letter and resume.
Applicants relying on education and experience equivalencies must demonstrate such equivalencies in their application. Applicants will not be considered for an interview if applications are incomplete or missing information.
Hours of Work
Permanent, full-time position, 70 hours bi-weekly
Beginning November 25, 2019
These are anticipated dates and are subject to change
$19.9923 - $21.8042 hourly
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Typically interviews are held within three to four weeks of the closing date.
Successful external applicants will be required to submit the below documents and assume any associated costs as a condition of employment. Additional documentation such as banking & proof of identity will be included in your offer letter.
Criminal Record Check
Proof of education & training certifications
Proof of any additional required qualification
Valid registration with the relevant licensing body
Submission of immunization record along with health assessment documentation
Proof of SIN number
Hiring Process will depend on the timeliness of delivering the above. This is a Admin Professionals bargaining unit - CUPE position. Preference is given to bargaining unit employees for unionized positions. Nova Scotia Health Authority is proud to provide a smoke free and scent free environment. Only online applications are accepted.
Nova Scotia Health Authority (NSHA) is committed to being a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. Our priority groups are Aboriginal People, African Nova Scotians, Persons with Disabilities and Recent Immigrants. Members of these groups are welcome to apply and self-identify if they wish to be considered under our Employment Equity policy.
Follow us on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/NSHA.Recruitment/