Join our Global Technology Operations Business Unit!
CGI is seeking an experienced System Administrator to join our world-class IT solution Team in Toronto. The successful candidate will be working on site to provide the technical support to our client. You will be solution oriented and able to adhere to established protocols to ensure we maintain service excellence.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Complete the troubleshooting and upgrading of the different platforms.
- Building servers and supporting (operational support) for internal project.
- Assist appropriate teams in all phases of Production implementations.
- Script development for automating tasks.
- Perform system tuning activities where appropriate.
- Ensure all documentation for the systems (build books, network diagrams) is created & updated after changes.
- Make recommendations to improve health of the system where necessary.
- Participate in various projects and work orders as assigned and complete assigned tasks on time.
- Provide on-call support as scheduled (when required). Operational Shifts typically Mon to Fri- 8am to 9pm (40hours work week)
- Coordinate service calls and requests with team members where necessary.
- Respond to incident tickets and provide updates in a timely manner. Escalate where necessary.
- Coordinate and implement change records as a result of trouble tickets.
- Perform 1st level hardware diagnostics and installation of layered products as required.
- Reduce costs where expedient to do so without impacting service availability.
- Recommend efficiencies on various processes/procedures within the team.
- Show leadership by mentoring other junior members and demonstrate initiatives.
- Working proactively to make sure that service delivery are aligned with the evolution of the client's need and the evolution of their technical environment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Leadership qualities.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written in English.
- Self-reliance, creativity and proactivity.
- Ability to multitask and function in a fast-paced environment.
- Customer-service oriented.
- Ability to support on-call needs as required. (CGI ensures client is supported in a high-availability capacity- monitor 24/7 operations)
- Ability to obtain Security clearance – SECRET level
- BS or BA in computer science or related IT experience.
- 5+ years of administration and support of Linux Red Hat (v6 / 7) in a large, networked computing environment.
- ITIL certification, an asset.
- Experience with VMware vSphere, Oracle VM and Microsoft Hyper-V is required.
- Knowledge and experience in clustered Linux environment is required.
All CGI offers of employment are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation.
Background investigation components can vary depending upon specific assignment, or upon any government security clearance. Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, citizenship is required.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.