ROOM ATTENDANT- FULL TIME & PART TIME
@ The Toronto Marriott City Centre
Who We Are:
The Toronto Marriott City Centre Hotel is the world's only hotel located in a major league sports and entertainment venue, the Rogers Centre. Our distinctive hotel features 344 rooms, including 70 field-view rooms and Restaurant and Lounge with floor-to-ceiling windows offering a panoramic view of the stadium.
We provide a meaningful environment to associates enabling them to thrive both professionally and personally with industry-leading benefits, discounted stays at Marriott properties worldwide, extended medical and dental benefits as well as career development and training opportunities.
Marriott Hotels of Canada is proud to have been recognized on Forbes list of Canada's Best Employers for several years running including in 2022.
What we'll offer you:
At the Toronto Marriott City Centre, we provide a fun, safe and supportive work environment in a culture that values diversity and inclusion.
- Competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits plan which includes health insurance, dental insurance, vision care and more.
- Discounted hotel stays and food & beverage for you, your friends & family at over 7,000 properties worldwide across 131 countries and territories and 30 brands.
- A supportive, diverse, and inclusive environment for all that prioritizes understanding and integrating Team Members' unique perspectives and voices and that's committed to their mental and physical wellbeing.
- World-class service training program and job-specific training opportunities to empower life-long learning and to encourage Team Members to find the careers that are right for them.
What you'll do:
Our Room Attendants provide a warm welcome for every guest by ensuring that guest rooms, corridors and public areas are clean and properly presented. This role requires a great attention to detail and a passion for upholding standards. Outside of promoting a positive image of the property to guests, our Room Attendants are pleasant and friendly with every guest they encounter, and are empowered to address guest issues or special requests as they arise. Are you up for the challenge?
The responsibilities of this position include:
- Clean and supply all assigned guestrooms with great attention to detail to Marriott standards.
- Keep all linen storage areas neat, clean and secure.
- Communicate the status of all assigned rooms to the Housekeeping Department.
- Participate in all special cleaning programs.
- Prepare room amenity caddy and cleaning supplies.
- Respond to all guest requests with genuine warmth and attention to detail.
- Handle guest concerns, compliments and suggestions in a professional informed manner, informing managers and other departments as need arises.
- Properly use and care for all equipment and tools used to perform duties, and promptly report any deficiencies in equipment or protective devices.
- Report all maintenance deficiencies in rooms and surrounding areas.
- Handle all chemicals according to the Safety Data Sheets provided (WHMIS, WHMIS 2015).
- Work in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act regulations and the Company’s Health and Safety policies and procedures including COVID protocols and the Clean Matters Training
- Maintain hotel security and guest privacy at all times.
- Handle all duties according to hotel policies, procedures, internal rules and standards.
- Report to work on time, in proper and clean uniform, including nametag. Appearance must comply with the hotel’s Grooming Policy.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What you'll offer us:
We are looking for a dynamic, energetic individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment and fosters a culture of respect and positivity.
- A warm and welcoming smile and a genuine desire to care for people and do a super job.
- Strong verbal communication and reading skills in English.
- Ability to read and understand chemical labels.
- Ability to stand, walk, bend for extended periods of time.
- Ability to push and pull up to 80 lbs. and lift up to 20 lbs.
- Ability to work productively and independently with little supervision.
- Previous housekeeping and/or hospitality experience a definite asset.
- Full-Time: You must be available to work 5 days a week (weekdays & weekends)
- Part-Time: You must be available to work 3 days per week (Sat & Sun mandatory)
The Toronto Marriott City Centre Hotel is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a positive and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. Accommodations will be made available upon request for applicants with disabilities to enable them to participate in the selection process. If you require assistance or a reasonable accommodation in completing the application materials or any aspect of the selection process, please contact the Human Resources Department upon application.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $22.10-$22.60 per hour
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Store discount
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types: