Welcome to GFL Winnipeg!
We are a dynamic, growth-oriented and safety-focused company. Providing collection and processing for Waste, Recycling and Organics, GFL stretches across North America with nearly 12,000 employees. With customer service and safety as our focus, we are looking for full time Front Load Drivers to support our growing company in our solid division.
With an eye to continued growth and development, we offer the following:
- A healthy and safe workplace culture
- Continuous growth and opportunity for career advancement
- A competitive RRSP/DPSP program (after 1 year of employment), helping you plan for financial success down the road
- Modern and well-maintained equipment
- Comprehensive benefits package for you and your family
Front-Load Drivers operate front-end trucks that provide services to a variety of commercial routes removing and transporting waste or recyclables in fulfillment of customer contracts. This position will service multiple customers per day according to assigned routes. The waste will then need to be transferred to the appropriate station, landfill or drop-off location.
- Satisfy customer needs for service
- Ensure that service is completed in accordance with established policies
- Responsible for daily pre and post trip inspections
- Complete an assigned daily route as assigned
- Daily route consists of driving to customer sites, setting, lifting and emptying bins into front-end vehicle, and returning the bin to the original location. The driver would then transfer the waste to the appropriate station, landfill or drop-off location.
- Perform driver check-ins at day’s end to ensure complete and accurate paperwork completion
- Ensure assigned routes are completed in a timely and safe manner
- Ensure that all protocols are followed while dumping loads at municipal recycling/waste facilities
- May be required to climb up ladder on truck to inspect loads
- Attending regular safety meetings and tailboard meetings, and comply with all of GFL’s safe driving procedures and policies
- May perform some additional responsibilities as assigned by the Operations Manager
- 1-2 years driving experience in the waste industry. (Minimum for insurability).
- Commercial driver license with minimum class 3 with air endorsement.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong customer focus.
- Knowledge of the city
- Proven ability to multi-task & ability to prioritize tasks.
- Knowledge of industry an asset.
GFL Environmental is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Class 3 Drivers License (Required)
- Class 1 Drivers License (Preferred)