Noblegen is an advanced ingredients company that produces unique proteins and oils for the healthy living industry. Noblegen's proprietary technology creates high-quality ingredients from one of nature's oldest microorganisms. Noblegen's ingredients are sustainable, non-GMO, cost-effective, and easily customized. Our dynamic team is comprised of innovative visionaries and experienced professionals, unified in their ambitions to transform the healthy living industry. With a purpose to make a positive impact on people and the planet through science, Noblegen is redefining the future of food.
Fermentation Manufacturing Technician (Plant Operator)
We are currently looking for enthusiastic and dedicated people to join our team in the role of Fermentation Manufacturing Technicians for our facility in Peterborough, Ontario.
The Fermentation Manufacturing Technician (FMT) will provide support in the daily operation of manufacturing equipment used in the production process including: fermentation vessel, centrifuge and spray dryer. Although the focus of the FMT will primarily be support of the fermentation operation, other duties may be assigned by the Plant Manager.
- Maintain safe and clean work environment at all times, ensuring compliance with established plant policies and procedures, GMP, HACCP and OHSA
- Report unsafe conditions, suggest improvements and participate in investigations
- Safe operation of process and mobile equipment, following plant SOP’s, LOTO
- Operation of plant process equipment using DCS
- Documentation (paper and computerized)
- Identification and problem-solving using methods such as Fishbone and 5-WHY
- Routine maintenance of equipment, troubleshooting and repair
- General labor including cleaning, material handling, packaging, shipping/receiving, etc.
- Start-up and shut-down of 30 hp boilers (*if certified) and other equipment
- Media preparation and loading
- Sterilization of fermentor media
- Equipment and facility sanitation
- Monitoring of fermenter
- Vessel maintenance
- Rig hoses as necessary to harvest contents of fermenter
- Attach pumps and set speeds based on separation efficiency
- Configure centrifuges for harvest
- Monitor spin conditions and optimize as necessary
- Maintain awareness of contamination sources
- Centrifuge clean and sanitizing
- Slurry collection
- Load and unload
- Set process parameters
- Monitoring of spray dryer performance
- High School diploma or equivalent, with grade 12 Chemistry (preferred);
- Minimum of 3 years hands-on experience in a production environment; food, brewery, and/or pharmaceutical experience is preferred;
- Experience and knowledge of working in a sterile environment;
- Ability to work shift-work, including weekends;
- Ability to lift 50 lbs, carry out physical work.
Skills and Competencies:
- Computer literate- word processing, spreadsheets, windows;
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize;
- Mechanically inclined;
- Possess or willing to obtain forklift certification;
- Results oriented, able to work as part of a functional team.
- Experience operating processes through a HMI, DCS;
- Post-secondary education in a related field;
- Familiar with GMP, HACCP and ISO
- Experience with Apple (macOS), Google Sheets and Docs
Interested applicants are asked to submit their resumes via email to this website. We would like to thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent