A branded full service hotel in Edmonton, Alberta seeking a General Manager with a proven record of commitment and professionalism in the hotel industry. He or she must have business maturity (profit-oriented); strong interpersonal skills; integrity as proven through sound business ethics a stable personality; good stamina and high energy level; and demonstrated community involvement.
The candidate’s duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide leadership to all aspects of planning, organization and controlling the operation of a 150 room, branded hotel.
- Responsible for budgeting and forecasting.
- Review monthly financial statements with ownership.
- Accept complete financial accountability for meeting and exceeding targets., coaching department managers to work effectively within the financial guidelines, taking timely corrective action.
- Undertake synergistic marketing and sales initiatives to increase brand recognition, market share, and revenue per available room.
- Manage the human resource function with ‘hands-on’ involvement in the recruitment process, development and implementation of training-programs, and relationship building.
- Participate in developing marketing strategies aimed at increasing volume and market share; investigate potential opportunities for incremental revenue whenever possible.
- Drive revenue through new and existing segments; continually strive to gain market share.
- Closely monitor demand forecasts and change rates. Make recommendations concerning current and future dates to achieve forecasted revenue, ADR, and occupancy targets. * Respond to guest reviews, Guest Complaints and other customer touch-point in a timely manner.
- Maintain a customer-driven operation with a vision that inspires the team and ensures guest satisfaction.
- Create a culture that fosters value such as care, innovation, integrity and accountability; align the entire organization to these core values.
- Apply fair treatment policy, follow health and safety guidelines, and comply with federal and provincial regulations to protect company assets.
- Lead weekly sales meetings to review the revenue forecast, STAR (Weekly/Monthly) report and identify locations for the team to solicit more business.
- Review and identify solutions to improve the SALT to ensure we meet the brand standards.
- Conduct regular property walks and guest rooms inspections to ensure the standard for cleanliness and preventative maintenance is being met.
All applicants are to apply online, with their resume, cover letter and salary expectations
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $70,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year
- hotel management: 5 years (Preferred)