Perimeter Aviation is seeking Aeromedical Specialists (Flight Nurses and/or Advanced Care Paramedics) for operations in Manitoba.
The Flight Nurse/Advanced Care Paramedic (ACP) will accompany patients in basic Air Ambulance service. They are to act in direct patient care during the transportation of patients requiring medical attention not available at the sending facility.
The Flight Nurse/ACP works closely with the other members of the crew and flight followers. They must be in constant communication to that ensure Medevac transfers are performed efficiently and effectively.
- Superior customer relations and interpersonal skills, self-motivated and driven.
- Highly flexible with the ability to respond quickly in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Ability to think critically and act logically to evaluate situations and provide sound judgment.
- Effective listening and communication skills with all levels of the organization.
- Strong customer service experience considered an asset.
- Exhibit initiative, responsibility and flexibility, with demonstrated interpersonal skills allowing one to adapt to a fast paced working environment.
- Effective and efficient multitask abilities.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy is imperative.
- Advocating on behalf of patients.
- Educating patients about their health.
- Maintaining patient records.
- Making ethical decisions related to consent and confidentiality.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Responsible for direct patient care during all aspects of the transportation of patients requiring medical attention not available at the sending facility.
- Works closely with the other members of the crew (pilots), flight followers and other groups also involved in the transfer of patients.
- Maintain constant communication with the different groups internally and externally to ensure that Medevacs are performed efficiently and effectively.
- Within this capacity, he/she acts as a representative for Perimeter Aviation LP and reports to the Medical Program Manager/Medevac Operations Manager and the Medical Director.
- Ensure on-time performance as it relates to chute time.
- Ensure that all equipment checklists are completed as per protocol.
- Will arrive at work on time and ready to work in Medevac uniform.
- All other duties as assigned.
Minimum Required Education and Experience
- Current or able to obtain Manitoba Health Aeromedical Attendant License and maintain license every three years.
- Current CRNM or Advanced Care Paramedic (ACP) registered in Manitoba.
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification.
- Current Advanced Care Life Support (ACLS) certification.
- Current Pre - Hospital Trauma Life Support Certification (PHTLS) or Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC).
- Graduate of a recognized critical care or emergency nursing course, or minimum two years related nursing experience or recognized ACP program.
- Aeromedical Specialist must successfully complete an aeromedical training course approved by the Minister (CAMATA).
- Child Abuse Registry check.
- Criminal Record check.
- Able to obtain and maintain RAIC WAA pass.
- Valid Driver’s licence required.
- Valid passport.
- Enhanced Education and Experience is considered an asset.
- Previous Flight Nurse/ACP experience is considered an asset.
- Aboriginal Awareness and/or Cultural Diversity training.
- Travel required.
- When on scheduled shift, prearranged residence will be made on the remote base you are assigned to with the crew Bases may change as per operational requirements.
- Must adhere to the modified work agreement.
- On call 24/7 when you are on shift.
- Ability to lift, load and secure patients, equipment and baggage.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Work performed both indoors and outdoors: contact with staff and the public; employee must be able to adapt to outdoor weather conditions.
- Safety equipment where required e.g. hearing protection, safety vest, and lifting belts.
Methods and procedures described or implied in the job profile may be altered to accommodate employees.
Perimeter Aviation's hiring policy is to recruit and select the best applicant for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position. Perimeter Aviation LP does not discriminate against applicants based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability or a conviction for which a pardon has been granted.
We thank all candidates for their interest in the position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis which may result in an earlier application deadline.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Job Type: Full-time
- Nursing: 1 year (Required)
- Secondary School (Required)
- ACLS (Required)
- CRNM (Required)
- BCLS (Required)
- ACP (Required)