1309 Carling Avenue, Ottawa, Ontario, K1Z 7L3
The decision to join a company is a big one. We have opportunities for hard working, energetic and reliable people just like you.
Why is this role important?
Key responsibilities of a Delivery Driver / Set Up Technician include:
- Provide exceptional customer experience to clients
- Contact customers prior to deliveries
- Deliver orders to clients, and review any special delivery requests
- Ensure logs and proper paperwork are completed according to established guidelines
- Set-up equipment in client’s home
- Analyze and repair basic mobility devices and restore to working state
- Ensure authorization has been completed before initiating repairs
- Instruct clients in the proper use of product
- Provide basic assessment and quotes on repairs
- Reference the manufacturer manuals, diagrams as support for issues that are proving more difficult
- Accountable for tools provided
- Provide instruction on proper and safe use of equipment, as required
- Follow cash handling policies and procedures
- Perform general warehouse duties – shipping, receiving, stocking shelves, picking
- Responsible for regular maintenance and cleanliness of vehicle, daily vehicle check
- Demonstrate a professional image, including clean and complete uniform with name badge
- Observe and Comply with all health and safety regulations and company policies
- Learn and understand new products and services
- Perform other duties as required
- Valid driver’s license in good standing, with a clean driving record
- Ability for heavy lifting (as much as 75-100 lbs.) is required.
- Mechanical aptitude an asset
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Flexible to work various shifts and work on-call if required
- Available for on-call services outside regular business hours
- Previous delivery skills an asset
- Previous Healthcare industry experience an asset
- High School Diploma
How You’ll Succeed:
At Loblaw, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Type of Role:
Loblaw recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.