Position: Permanent, Full-Time
Location: Niagara region
Benefits: Competitive pay with monthly performance bonus, health insurance, and employee purchase discounts
The In-House Installer Helper assists in installing appliances into customer’s homes, free of damages and done in a timely, safe and professional manner. The Installers must communicate with our coordinators to report any issues and completion of jobs, as well as communicate with customers on installation times.
- Review and approve all customer invoices in e-pass prior to shipping.
- Complete installations in customer homes without damage
- Ensure gas installations are completed safely
- Carefully deliver products into client kitchens
- Ensure supply on delivery vans are maintained
- Communicate with service and install department on jobs completed, issues or concerns
- Complete all paperwork accurately
- Drive install vehicle safely
- Communicate with customers regarding arrival time and completion time
- Follow up with outstanding installations, Liaising with Installations and Distribution manager to resolve any issues.
- Meet company standards pertaining to quantity and quality of work performed on an ongoing basis, performing all work related tasks in compliance with company policies, procedures, legislation, regulation and directions, and identify non-compliance for resolution.
- Participate and comply with all health and safety processes and initiatives to ensure that Tasco Appliance remains a safe workplace.
- Complete other assigned tasks as required.
- High school diploma or GED, or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
- 1 year appliance installation experience
- Gas fitter licence (G2 or G3)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to effectively use investigative questions techniques to resolve problems.
- Attention to detail, and able to meet deadlines under time pressure
- Ability to communicate persuasively with internal and external contacts with tact, courtesy, and confidentiality
- Hold a valid Driver’s licence with access to a working car
- Ability to perform in an environment with frequent interruptions and short deadlines.
- Work is performed in client’s homes.
- Travel throughout Southern Ontario is required.
- Vehicle requires sitting for extended periods, reaching, twisting, and full control of arms and legs.
- Ability to lift heavy objects safely up to 200 lbs. with assisted devices.
- Physical dexterity, good hand-eye coordination, full vision and depth perception.
Goemans Appliances is dedicated to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). During the hiring process if you require accommodation for disability, please advise Human Resources.
Job Type: Full-time
- Installation: 1 year (Preferred)