Restaurant General Manager
at Fork and Salad Gateway
FIVE YEARS RESTAURANT EXPERIENCE WITH FOOD SAFETY CERTIFICATE
Come build a better food system and help people grow!
Fork and Salad is a destination for simple, seasonal, healthy food. We’re building healthier communities by connecting people to real food with great service and genuine human connection. We make our food from scratch every day using produce delivered every day.
What you’ll do:
If you love running a balanced business, growing a team and creating an excellent guest experience, come work at Fork and Salad. We’re looking for enthusiastic and ambitious individuals to lead our location at Fork and Salad Gateway.
Every day in our stores, we make real food from scratch — you’ll oversee a full-service BOH operation, with a quick-service FOH model. The GM/Head Coach is the anchor of the store — you’re an enthusiastic leader, a quick thinker, a problem-solver, a skilled communicator, and a motivator.
What it’s like here:
We want your time at Fork and Salad to be transformative. We pride ourselves on providing a clear career path with opportunities for leadership, personal growth and professional development. At Fork and Salad, we have 6 core values — they embody our culture, spirit and dedication to doing what’s right. They keep us aligned, influence how we lead, and help us make decisions about everything from the food we serve to the impact we have on our people. They’re the lens through which you’ll build a successful business.
- Win Win Win: Develop a team by identifying talent (community), building skill set through training (customer) + growing future company leaders (company)
- Think Sustainably: Create systems that drive successful store and team performance
- Keep it Real: Build meaningful relationships with your team and customers, rooted in authenticity — invest time to build trust
- Add the Sweet Touch: Empower your team to create meaningful connections with each other and the guest every day.
- Make an Impact: Inspire your team, own your business, and architect customer service experiences across all touch points
What you’ve got:
- 5+ years’ experience in restaurant management
- Experience in fast casual restaurant chains (preferred)
- Managed and developed 10+ team members per shift
- Experience in managing P&L and COGS, developing budgets, financial planning and strategy, decision making, process improvement, strategic planning, labor management/scheduling, training & team development, and food quality assurance
- Experience in ensuring safe food handling at a large scale
- Food Safety Certification and Proserve required
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks such as food, beverage + labor cost while maintaining required standards of operation in daily restaurant activities
- Must possess good communication skills for dealing with diverse staff
- Fork and Salad DNA:
- Coachable: actively looks for feedback to grow and improve
- Self-starters: takes initiative, thinks of the big picture, relays store needs and communicates with the team
- Customer service-oriented: passion for the guest experience, service driven
- Innovative: utilizes and designs business processes with the customer, community and company in mind
- Passionate about real food: appreciation for the greater mission of farm-to-table foods
- High-energy, and thrive in a fast-paced environment
Job Type: Full-time
- Culinary: 5 years (Required)
- Restaurant Management: 5 years (Required)
- restaurant: 5 years (Required)