As the leader in the developmental services sector, Bethesda Community Services is currently recruiting those interested in supporting individuals with developmental disabilities who exhibit behaviour challenges.
Located in the Niagara region, we are a non-profit organization that provides a variety of services and supports for adults and children.
We envision ourselves as a community of support that inspires, encourages and empowers children, youth, and adults with special needs to live fulfilled lives. We value respect, diversity and inclusivity, collaboration and compassionate quality service.
Bethesda is currently seeking part-time Behaviour Councellor's who embody these values, and can demonstrate them day-to-day with the people we support.
Successful candidates will possess the following:
- Experience and education in supporting people with developmental disabilities
- Experience and education in supporting people with extreme behavior challenges
- Experience and education in supporting people who are medically fragile
- Knowledge, understanding and implementation of Behaviour Intervention and Health Care Plans
- Experience implementing of behavioural treatment programs specific to individual needs
- Knowledge of and adherence to behaviour standards, PRN protocols, and Bethesda policies and procedures
- Experience in restraining/de-escalating agitated or aggressive clients using approved and taught procedures
- Medication Administration including keeping abreast of med changes
- Communication with families, outside agencies, and other professionals
- Ability to provide support in a respectful manner
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Strong decision making and prioritizing skills
- Passion and dedication in their work
- Exposure or experience with data collection and report writing
- Availability and flexibility to work a variety of shifts
Job Type: Part-time